Chapter 6

EROS' POV

After I was done with my work I checked the time and it was almost 9:30pm. I hurriedly packed my laptop and some documents and headed to the garage.

When I got home it was already 10:05pm and surprisingly the lights were still on. My mum and dad are supposed to be asleep now so they cannot possibly be awake I thought.

When I got to the living room I saw both my parents comfortably sitting like love birds and chatting away, immediately they discovered I was there they stopped talking at once.

"Hey honey...how was work today? My mum asked, "I actually prepared all your favorites today, let me just heat it up so that we can eat" she said smiling while heading to the dining.

Hmm, someone actually wants to make up for ruining breakfast, well I will just forgive her right away for all the efforts she put into it I thought while smiling. I sat down at the table and my dad equally sat down too. My mum set the table and served the dinner.

My mum said the grace then we started eating. My mum is actually a Christian and a church goer but I can't say the same about me. Though when I was young I obliged and went with her but after my senior year I didn't find it fun at all so I just stopped going entirely.

"Son, I and your dad actually have something we want to tell you", my mum said.

"Don't worry mum I know what you are actually going to say but I forgive you, atleast for all the efforts you made to make up for running my morning it is okay you don't need to apologize" I said while munching on the steak.

My mum looked at me surprisingly and equally looked at my dad and shook her head laughing.

"Wait you think I want to apologize to you? For what exactly... how did I ruin your morning? Well son it is actually far from that", My mum said laughing.

To say I was dump founded would be an understatement, "Mum after the stunt you pulled this morning you didn't see the need to apologize?" I said shockingly.

"Son, it is okay" my dad interrupted. "Actually it is I and your mum's idea that you get married. We are not getting younger as you can see and it's not like you have any other sibling to fulfill this duty for the time being", my dad completed.

I can't believe we are still having this conversation again. "I don't know if you know this but I am not dating anyone currently and there is no serious girl in my life " I said hoping that it will dissuade them a little and give me more time.

My mum claps her hand excitedly" oh darling that's not a problem at all, we have actually found the right girl for you" my mum said excitedly.

"Right girl for me? I don't understand, you don't even know my taste and spec in women" I told her frustratingly.

"Don't worry Son, this girl is actually a decent girl from a good home so she won't be a problem at all" my mum said grinning.

"And what if I refuse to marry this girl" I said daringly.

"It has to be her son or no other" my dad said with a tone of finality to his voice.

"But why her? Why does it have to be the girl you choose, why can't I find a girl on my own?" I asked already on edge.

"Well if you don't want it to be her then get ready to have a competitor for the position of the CEO position that your are currently holding" my dad said with a serious face.

"So you guys will even go as far as threatening me with my position after all the sweat, hardwork, dedication and time I have put into the company", I said begrudgingly.

At this point I so wanted to meet this girl and snap her into two. For her sake my parents are even ready to threaten me and strip me of all my rights.

"Son I think you are getting this all wrong"  my dad said. "In as much as we have 80% shares of the company, the whole 80% isn't totally ours" my dad said with a sigh.

"I don't understand what do you mean dad?", I asked him shocked.

"About 5 years ago a rival in the company wanted to claim the CEO position then when I was still in power and at that time we didn't have much shares to contest the position. So my loyal and faithful friend, Mr. Carter helped us out then greatly with exactly 40% of his shares, so that was how I was able to retain the position before I handed over to you", my dad completed.

After hearing this I became very weak to my bones. "But we could try to give them back their shares, eventhough it might affect us but within 3 years we can still get back on our feet", I said trying to convince them.

"You don't get it son, during our lowest this man and his family stood by us with everything they had and now all they are asking in return is for our son to marry their daughter and take very good care of her", my mum said trying to convince me as well.

I sighed, so my life is just going to be ruined because of a fucking favour. I just couldn't wait to meet this girl so that I would ruin her just like she ruined my life I thought to myself.