Chapter 16

EVELYN'S POV

I got home around 9:00pm and when I came in everywhere was dark so I used my phone torchlight to locate the switch because I haven't gotten acquainted with the house yet. Immediately I turned on the light I heard Eros voice.

"Where the hell are you coming from at this time of the night" he fired at me. Honestly at this point I was panicking.

"I went to see a friend" I replied him stuttering. It wasn't totally a lie and seriously he looked so pissed so I didn't want to add to it.

"What friend?" Because last I checked you didn't have any friends", He said in a deep angry voice.

"You don't expect to know all my friends do you?" I asked him back.

"Are you talking back at me", He asked me while coming closer

"N..n.no", I stuttered while dressing back.

He came closer to me almost leaning very near. "Who were you with and where were you?" He asked me and I kept quiet.

"It is quiet obvious that one of your fuck buddies was the one that probably kept you this late at night" he said to me in a demeaning manner.

"You do not know anything about me so I forbid you to say such things again" I threatened him him. I will tolerate anything from him but I won't take him questioning my character.

"I will not be deceived by your innocent, naive and ignorant acts" he spitted at me "because I know you are nothing but a pretentious bitch" he continued.

"Since you would not believe me anyways I don't see any reason why I should explain myself to you because you will end up believing what you want."

" I know in your mind you have imprinted a bad image of me in it and I don't care and wouldn't bother to change it either because your opinion about me doesn't matter to me you know why, because I don't care about you or about what you think of me" I said running upstairs.

Immediately I went into my room I locked the door and cried my hearts out. I hated it when someone accused me wrongly or points finger to my character and my husband of all people questioned my character today so it really hurt me alot.

I laid on my bed and sleep wouldn't come, I checked the time on my phone and it was already past 12. I went to the kitchen opened the refrigerator I poured out some milk into a cup. I heated it up and drank all of it. Sometimes taking warm milk helps with my insomnia because I usually have those often times.

After I took the warm milk I lay on my bed and my thoughts went to Ethan and how he was faring. I just hoped he would be fully recovered by tomorrow and within minutes of thinking of Ethan I slept off.

EROS' POV

We moved into our house today and the interior decorator really did a good job. I checked out my study and the gym and it was exactly what I had ordered so I went up to my room to have my bath. All these while I have been sharing a room with Evelyn and I really needed my privacy.

When I came out of the bathroom I met Evelyn there and I was shocked hence, I shouted at her. Honestly at times I don't really understand this girl, she can be very confusing with her actions . She acts as if she is very uninterested in me but her actions says otherwise.

When she saw me I can bet she was drooling over me and she really liked what she saw but when she started saying about knowing that I won't love her and all those shits with an expressionless face I kind of felt a thug in my heart.

I know if she didn't say all those things I would have definitely said it to her to hurt her but I wouldn't really mean them but she said them like she really meant it. Does it mean that I will have a loveless marriage for the rest of my life. The thought of it alone was really frightening.

After I finished dressing and came down to the living room I met my wife talking to Mrs Teresa my longest time nanny. I called her and told her about my moving in and how she would be serving us from now on.

When I saw them I knew Evelyn was confused as regards to who she was but I didn't bother in making a proper introduction between them so I took Mrs Teresa up to my room so that she could help me in unpacking.

"Who is the lady we met downstairs, is she your lady friend?" She asked me as we got to my room.

"No, she is my wife" I told her and she looked shocked.

"She seems like a good girl and she is beautiful at that. Do you know she is the first girl you have ever brought home so I bet she is special" she continued.

Mrs Teresa was ignorant about my marriage. She never knew it was a marriage of convenience and how did Evelyn get to wrap Mrs Teresa under her fingers already in a matter of minutes. That girl is really something I thought to myself.

After we finished unpacking my stuff Mrs Teresa went downstairs to make dinner and immediately after that my mum called so I picked up her call.

"Your wife just called me an hour ago to tell me you have moved in successfully while my own son didn't think it wise to call his own mother. You really need to learn some things form your wife" my mother said to me over the phone.

After my call with my mother I decided to go and check on Evelyn. Honestly I was shocked that she called my parents. Even when we were at my parents place she treated them well just like her parents and they really loved her.

When I got to her room door I knocked upto three times and there was no answer so I decided to go in and check. Her room was well organized and the bed neatly dressed but she wasn't there. I called her name but she didn't answer so I went downstairs to check on her.

I met Mrs Teresa in the kitchen cooking and I asked her if she saw Evelyn and she said no. I checked the whole rooms in the Penthouse and called out her name yet no answer.

"Why not call her on phone" Mrs Teresa suggested to me. So I went upstairs picked up my phone and searched for her contacts and it was then I realized I didn't have her contact at all and I was really frustrated and worried.

I thought of calling my mum and asking her for Evelyn's contact but I declined against because I know my mother, if I ask her she will definitely know that something is up and she will like to get down to the bottom of this so I decided to wait for Evelyn till she comes back.

After Mrs Teresa finished cooking she dished our food and left. I waited for Evelyn till 7pm then I had my dinner and sat in the living room.  I was feeling tired and sleepy but I wanted to make sure Evelyn was back safe and sound before I slept.

All of a sudden I heard noises from outside so I turned off the lights and waited. I heard her come inside and turn on the light.

"Where the hell are you coming from at this time of the night" I fired at her.

"I went to see a friend" she replied me stuttering. I knew she had no friends so when she mentioned she went to see a friend a thought of her meeting that guy she danced with at our wedding reception crossed my mind and my blood boiled with anger.

I questioned her about having no friends and even went as far as calling her a whore out of anger. Immediately those words left my mouth I regretted it and I couldn't take it back. I saw a glimpse of hurt in her face but she masked it as quickly as possible.

I tried to confirm from her if she was really with the guy by interrogating her aggressively but she evaded my questions without budging.

And the last words she said to me before running up into her room made me weak in my knees and the hope of trying to work things with her to make sure this marriage works was dashed. After spending a whole week with her made me see her in a different light so I thought to work things out with her.

But now she didn't care about me and my opinion didn't matter to her either. This is all I have ever wanted from the beginning but when she said those words it really hurt as hell.