Chapter 59

EVELYN'S POV

For the past one week mum has been really taking good care of me. I have fully recovered my strength and when I look at myself I see a glowing pregnant woman. Meanwhile my husband on the other hand has been a different matter altogether. He calls me every morning and night asking me when I will be back and if I wasn't all better. Last night he called and threatened that if I wasn't back by the end of the day then I should go ahead and marry his mother. According to him his duties as a husband entails taking care of his wife but I am stripping him of those duties. So I decided to go home today and after the call with Eros last night I told mum and dad that I will be leaving the next day which was today but mum wasn't really thrilled saying she still needs to take care of me more. Honestly this stubbornness streak sure runs in this family.

So the next day I was on my way back home. I made a first stop at the grocery store and bought some things since its been long I cooked for my husband. I came home and prepared a scented candle lit dinner with a very romantic setting and dressed in a sexy backless red gown with a high slit and showing some cleavage. I sat crossed legged with a juice in my hand waiting for my husband. At exactly 8pm he came back.  The lights to the sitting room were turned off so it was dark and the only lights you could see was the candlelit light emanating from the dining.

I heard him punch in the house code and I readied myself. He came in and I heard his footsteps approaching towards the dinning and seconds later his view came into the dinning and I stood up to take off his suit from him. I was about to unbuckle his belt to help him digest his food but he interrupted me.

"Evelyn what are you doing?" He asked as I unbuckled his belt

"Shhhhhh and just go with the flow hubby" I shushed him with my fingers

"You know I wouldn't mind eating first before eating later and God woman you look so alluring and gorgeous right now" he continued

"Don't worry we will eat all manner of meal you want this night" I breathed into his ear and pulled out the chair for him.

I made him sit down and dished out his dinner. For dinner I served lasagna, veggies and steak. This time around I served juice for both of us because I didn't want him to start getting suspicious and ask me why he is taking wine whereas I am taking juice so I served us both juice smart right. After dishing out the food we started eating

"So of all persons to take care of you it had to be my mum huh?" He asked as he put the lasagna in his mouth and chewed

"If it wasn't your mum then who else could it be. I mean she is literally the only one I have " I answered taking a sip of my juice

"Really, did you just say that? I am your husband for goodness sake. I could take care of you and that's my duty. You left me here all by myself for a whole fucking week" he lashed out

"Well if I remember correctly you equally left me at some point in our marriage for a month or was it two" I retorted back. I looked at him and his face changed feeling guilty and I felt guilty too for bringing that up.

"I know I didn't do right by you from the beginning but would you always rub the past in my face at any slightest chance you get?" He asked me sadly

Shit this wasn't how I planned this dinner to turn out. We were supposed to have a romantic dinner and end it with a sweet love making but everything is just going so wrong and this pregnancy hormones aren't helping matters. My emotions are just all over the place and I didn't even know why I brought up what happened in the past. The next minute I find myself crying for no reason at all.

"Oh shit babe why are you crying?" Eros rushed to my side and held me in place

"Did I say anything harsh or wrong? You know in a relationship communication is key and I was just voicing out my concerns"

"I don't even know why I am crying. I prepared this dinner to make up for being absent this past week but everything is just going wrong" I said sniffing and trying to stop my tears from flowing.

"Shhhhh babe I'm so sorry if I said anything to offend you it wasn't intentional okay and just so you know the dinner isn't ruined yet. I am still enjoying the meal and will definitely go for a second plate and when we are done I'm sure you will be exhausted so I will bathe you and tuck you in to bed okay. I hate to see you cry" he said kissing my crown and wiping my tears. I nodded and got back to eating.

We finished the dinner and indeed Eros went for a second serving. He helped me with the dishes and we went up to have our bath. The bathing turned into a hot make out session and we ended up making passionate love to each other after which we had another bath and retired to bed. I slept soundly in the loving arms of my husband and I came to a conclusion that night that I could only sleep the best in his embrace.

                                ****
The days flew by fast and today we will be going to shopping for some baby things and for the decorations for the anniversary party. Mum was to come and pick me up with her driver while Ethan will meet us at the mall. Ever since I got pregnant mum has been watching over me like a mother hawk and she insisted she comes pick me up at home instead of meeting her at the mall. So here we are together in the car on our way to the mall.

"So this Ethan guy is your bestfriend?" She asked me

"Yes mum my bestfriend since childhood and there is nothing and has never been anything between us trust me" I told her plainly before she misunderstands.

"Honey I trust you but I'm not sure Eros would be happy when he gets to know you guys hang out alone" she said concerned

"I know he frowns at it but I have tried to explain to him countless times that there is absolutely nothing going on between us and he is the only friend I have so I can't just cut off any relation I have with him because I got married" I told her honestly.

"I understand you my dear and I don't totally blame my son either for acting this way too" She said seriously.

"Mum is there anything I should know?" I asked her

"Honey is not my place to tell, I think Eros will tell you in due time" she told me lastly before we got to the mall.

What she said heightened my curiosity to find out what really happened and why Eros is so distrusting. We entered the mall and started shopping for the baby things before Ethan would join us.

One hour later Ethan joined us. He greeted mum and since they have met before during my mum's burial there wasn't need for further introduction so we started shopping for the decorations. While going through them and checking to see the ones we like we didn't know that one of the decorations kit pack that was up was open and was falling out so one of the items fell and hit me on my face. Ethan rushed to check my face while mum on the otherhand was frantic and worried. Ethan examined my face and said it was all good except for a small bump that was forming on my head which can be dealt with an ice patch. The little accident halted our shopping for the day because mum couldn't stay put and ordered us all to go back home. Ethan helped us to carry the stuff we have bought so far into the car after I have paid for them and we all left with the plan to get the remaining stuff the next day.