Chapter 31

ERO'S POV

After Ivan and I left from Evelyn's house, I dropped Ivan off at his Penthouse before heading to mine. When I entered the house, the house was very quiet as usual ever since Evelyn left. I turned on the light so that I could find my way around to the kitchen. I opened the fridge took some water out and an already prepared pasta so that I could heat it up and eat since I was very hungry. I didn't have any breakfast before leaving for the funeral and I barely had snacks to eat too when I was at Evelyn's house because I was busy attending to the guests that visited the house for their condolences.

After heating up the food I sat down to eat it at the dinning. In as much as I like my own privacy and space this is really too much. After spending some time with Evelyn all alone in a room at my parent's house I am finding it difficult being a loner again. I can't tell her to come back home immediately just after her mum's funeral that will be so selfish of me. After my dinner I went up had my bath and retired to bed. I slept of immediately because today was a hell exhausting as fuck.

I woke up the next morning and decided to work out to clear my head of some intruding thoughts . Today is Sunday which means no work for me and Mrs Teresa won't be coming in to prepare breakfast since she is a church person. After my work out session I had my bath to get rid of the sweat. I went down to prepare a light breakfast for myself. I may not look it but I am a pretty decent cook. All my uni days I prepared some of my meals and they were kinda edible. I made some French toast with egg and a heated glass of milk to go with it.

After my breakfast I went to my study to get some work done since I missed work throughout yesterday and yes I work on Saturdays too. I worked till 12pm before deciding to take a break. I got dressed up and headed to see my parents. On my way I don't know what or how it happened but I saw myself en route to Evelyn's place. I contemplated diverting back but I have gone too far to return. I got to their doorstep and rang the bell and Evelyn was the one that opened the door.

"Hi " She said awkwardly letting me in
"I didn't expect to see you too soon" She continued. I didn't know what to make out of this sentence. But one thing was certain she didn't want to see me but why.

"Well I am your husband so I have to act the part right?" I asked her trying to get on her nerves and I am sure I succeeded because of the next thing she said to me.

How could she think that I was acting nice to her and her dad all these while. If she really believed it then she is gullible and I might have overestimated her intelligence. We were still fighting when we heard her aunt coming down and immediately her attitude took a 360 degree turn, I was so shocked to even keep up.

"Uummh...would you like tea or coffee" She asked me sweetly. I looked at her confused at her sudden change in tone. She inaudibly mouthed "my aunt " to me. So I guessed that we had to act the part of couples in love so I played along. Besides I have been acting even in my senior year of high school. I always had the lead roles after all.

"Come on babe you know your coffee has always been my favorite since you first made them for me" I said to her smiling. The babe rolled out of my mouth so naturally and I kinda liked it.

"And please don't add plenty of sugar like you did the last time" I told her smirking and as well hinting that I didn't like my coffee with lots of sugar.

Her aunt came down and sat on the couch while Evelyn left to get my coffee.

"I think apart from the funeral preparations this is the first time I get to meet you ever since you married my niece" she said to me

"That's the same for me too and I can see where your niece got her beautiful features from" I replied her

"Are you interested in modeling because I have friends in the industry and I am sure you will definitely give them a run for their money" I completed my flattery of her.

You see rule number one when you are with a middle aged woman and you don't know what to talk about or how to begin, you can start by flattery that always works perfectly well. We were still talking when Evenlyn came back with a tray that had three cups of steaming liquids. Her aunt went further to brief her on my conversation with her and that resulted in I and Evelyn bantering before we were interrupted by the door bell ringing. Evelyn went to answer it and it turned out to be that Ethan guy. He is just everywhere I fucking swear.

Evelyn and him had a brief inaudible talk at the door before he came in and greeted me and Evelyn's aunt. Evelyn opted to get a cup of tea for him so she left. After she came back Ethan asked her about her father's health and that was when I got to find out that her dad was a little bit under the weather. Since I came it never occurred to me to ask about her dad but I was busy playing words with Evelyn like a school kid.

"What is wrong with your dad isn't he okay?" I asked her concerned.

They confirmed that he is okay but just stressed out over the events that happened recently and there wasn't need for me to worry. Honestly I was really hurt that I didn't know this kind of information when I am family but an outsider knows so well than I do. I asked them if I could see him and they agreed. Her aunt took me to his room and he was sound asleep. I felt his temperature with my palm and it was normal so I heaved a sigh of relief.

"I can see you are really concerned and do care for your father in-law " she said to me

"Yes, after everthing he has been through I am sure everyone is really concerned about him and not just me" I replied.

"So I was thinking of taking him back with me, a change of environment will do so much good for him and I can get to take care of him better " She told me seriously

"I do understand were you are coming from but what about Evelyn, it will be really hard on her" I answered truthfully.

"I know but she has you and having seen you I am sure you can equally take care of her while I do same for the father. Though she hasn't agreed yet when I brought it up earlier but I just wanted to let you know as her husband" she said to me.

"Okay you guys can think it through and whatever you decide I am okay with it" I told her. We left the room and headed to the living room but saw only Evelyn.

"What about Ethan?" Evelyn's aunt asked what was on my mind

"He is out on a call" she replied her. After some minutes I decided to be on my way and finish my work.

"Okay I will be on my way" I told them

"But please keep me posted on dad's health " I completed leaving them.