Chpater 19

EVELYN'S POV

After what seemed like a few hours I came downstairs to grab a cup of warm milk because I could not sleep. What Mrs Teresa said during dinner kept ringing in my head. I know everyone has a story but he seemed like he had a normal and comfortable life and hadn't been through anything rough in life, well maybe I am wrong i thought to myself.

When I came down, the living room lights were out so I assumed Eros was in his room. As soon as I put the lights on I was shocked. Eros was seated on the sofa with his head resting on the sofa back. At that moment my legs were hooked to the ground. I didn't know if I should run up back to my room or just pretend nothing is wrong and heat up the milk.

I needed to act mature and not like a child that runs away after every fight so I choose the latter. I got to the refrigerator brought out the milk, poured out the quantity I needed and put it in the microwave. Once the microwave tinged I brought out the milk and started heading to my room when a voice called out to me.

"Evelyn..." Eros called out to me.
"Can we talk for a little bit" he asked me.

Honestly Eros was the least person I wanted to talk with because I am still keen on avoiding him. But then again I have no choice or excuse to avoid the conversation so I succumbed.

"Sure...why not" I replied him.
I came and sat down in the other sofa, sipping my milk to make it less awkward for me. I waited for a few seconds and he wasn't saying anything so I decided to start up the conversation.

"So what is this about?" I asked him awkwardly

"Ehmm... I just wanted to apologize for the other night, it was rude of me and I went too far" he said all at once stuttering a bit.

I wasn't really expecting an apology from him, so I didn't know what to say. I was equally surprised as well because given his personality since I have met him I didn't think he was going to swallow his pride and apologize.  I am sure the most he can do is to over look the matter and let it die like it never happened.

" I was really hurt by your words, you should not judge people if you do not know them very well or what they are capable off. One thing I detest the most is being accused wrongly, atleast before you accuse me you get your facts straight and hear from my side of the story before concluding or assuming" I rambled all at once.

Just then I realized that maybe I might have gone too far with my words so I took a pause and sipped my milk to give him room to talk. When I looked up I found out he was staring at me without uttering anything. To make it less awkward because it seemed he has exhausted the agenda of our talk I decided to go up back to my room.

"I still have some reports to complete so I better get back to it" I told him leaving and he just nodded.

I got to my room and sank in my bed screaming into my pillow. I just had to go and blabber with my big mouth. I should have played it cool and just said okay but anyways it wasn't all that bad right. I gave myself and imaginary pat on the head for being mature.

I picked up my phone and saw that I had a text from Ethan. He messaged me saying he would not be available tomorrow to have lunch with me since he will be running around to get things officialized  with the company he is interning. I replied him with a no problemo. So I will be all by myself tomorrow, just great.

After I dropped my phone I picked up my book to go through it since I couldn't sleep even after taking the warm milk. After I read about 2 to 3 pages of my notes I made in class today I slept off.

EROS' POV

After having my dinner and seeing Mrs Teresa out I went upto my room to freshen up. I picked up my suit case and went to the study to see if I could get some work done but all my efforts were in vain. I could not think straight and knowing that Evelyn was up in her room was not helpful either.

I closed my laptop and the files I was working on and decided to rest in the living room since it was too early to sleep. I checked the time and it was around a few minutes past 8pm so I sat down on the sofa and rested my head on it thinking about nothing in particular.

Suddenly a bright light hit me on my face and when I looked around I saw it was Evelyn. I decided to utilize the opportunity wisely and coerce her to talk to me. I waited for her to finish what she was doing and when she wanted to head back to her room I stopped her.

"Evelyn..." I called out to her.
I was really nervous because I didn't know how she was going to react or what she would say to me.

"Can we talk for a little bit" I asked her still wearing my heart at my sleeve for her rejection but surprisingly she agreed.

"Sure...why not" she replied me. I was still dazed at the fact that she acted cool with my request that I forgot to speak for a few seconds.

"So what is this about?" She asked me and that was when I recollected myself.

"Ehmm... I just wanted to apologize for the other night, it was rude of me and I went too far" I said all at once stuttering a bit hoping she wouldn't notice.

She kept mum for a little bit before she replied me. She went on rambling some words about me judging her and accusing her without proof but all I could see was her glowing eyes. I could not make out what she was saying but I was in awe. I was shamelessly staring at her but I didn't care.

I noticed she was looking at me while sipping her milk. I was lost because I didn't know the last thing she said or how I was to respond. I guess she got the cue that I was lost she excused herself.

"I still have some reports to complete so I better get back to it" she told me leaving and I just nodded at her because I was still awestruck with her.

After she left my brain then rebooted. What just happened now I asked myself. I have never felt anything like that before for anyone. When she was talking it seemed like everything else faded away and all I could see and hear was only her.

Maybe there must be something wrong with the food I ate for dinner. No I need a strong black coffee I thought to myself, it will bring back my head in order I thought but if I should take the coffee now it will drive away sleep from eyes and that's the last thing that should happen to me now.

So I settled for a bottle of wine, after having three refills of wine I decided to call it a night because I had work tomorrow. I needed to get my shits together before work tomorrow morning I adviced myself.

After the 3 refills of wine I felt a little bit dizzy and headed upto to my room. As soon as I layed my head on my pillow I was out.