21. Ferment

A/N: Sorry for the extremely long wait, it ended up being much longer than I planned for, here's an extra long chapter to make up for it!

Thanks for 9k+ reads! I appreciate y'all so much! And I really appreciate that more of you commented on my last chapter, I'm so glad you guys liked it. I'm curious where y'all think Lucy and Braxton's relationship will go, or how you'd like it to improve. As I said before, your feedback helps me develop them more not only as characters but it will help me build their relationship better. This is your story, too, and I may have everything planned but I enjoy catering to y'all. You invest so much time into reading my story and I want to make sure you feel it's worthwhile. Anyways, please comment (I love reading them) and enjoy! 💜

Lucy looks up from her paperwork at the sound of her husband's deep sigh, watching him carelessly toss his pen into one of his pen holders and lean forward at his desk. He rubs his face with his large hands, looking quite frustrated. She bites her cheek at the sight, feeling the waves of genuine frustration and dread he felt in their bond. It had gotten much stronger these past few days, it felt more tangible. He felt a bit easier to read, which to her was relief she'd been seeking since they first got married.

She hesitates, unsure if now was a good time. Save for work, he's been more spirited all week. She liked his openness, he's more willing to share his thoughts with her, and he was careful about how abrasive it sounded. He's always been an honest person, formerly to a brutal capacity, though he was trying to take her feelings into consideration more.

He paused, lifting his face from his hands, turning toward her at the corner of his office. Lucy sets her pen down, "Do you wanna take a break?" She wondered knowingly, hoping he'd say yes for his own sake. It's rather disheartening to see him work himself so much, he ends the days so exhausted and drained. It's always been that way, though since they've been resolving their supernatural desires for one another this past week, it's become that much more apparent to her.

His brows furrow for a moment, like he was trying to read more into her suggestion. Their definition of a 'break' this week has been fucking each other senseless. Literally; Lucy was bedridden for a good two days when they first reunited. Fortunately, since she's bound to his strong genes, her body is becoming more accustomed to their intense sexual endeavors and it doesn't take as long for her to recover as it had at first. Nor is she feeling as bad. Honestly it's a relief to him, he said he felt bad about her being bedridden, considering how long it had been. He'd had to carry her just to use the bathroom because her legs had given out. As embarrassed as she felt about it, she found it quite funny.

He glances down at his thick stack of paperwork they were both trying to tackle, slowly bobbing his head. He slides it all to the side, propping up his elbow on his desk and resting his head in his hand. "C'mere," he stated softly.

Lucy puts her pen down, getting up and doing just that. She felt her stomach flutter as he turned his chair more toward her, trying not to blush. He pokes fun at how red her ears get, claiming it was cute. She stood between his knees, barely much taller than him while he's sitting down, though that was simply because he'd adjusted the height of his chair. She felt tingling in her body, dispersing through her bloodstream. He wraps his arm around her, pulling her down onto his lap. Another gruff sigh filters through his body, vibrating against her. Lucy tries not to tense - he could always tell - though he made it difficult not to feel aroused. "What d'you wanna do, Lu?" he wondered, pressing her more into his chest. She found herself sinking more into his embrace, having to force herself not to look at the flexing muscles in his strong arms.

Her lips purse, and she looks down at her knees, though she felt her chin being nudged back toward him. His quiet reminder makes her heart thud hard.... Gods, they couldn't go one productive day without being on each other. It wasn't on his expression yet, but he was pleased with her arousal. The brightness in his eyes was quite telling, he was also trying not to smile at her shyness, showing his fondness.