1. Encounter

Lucinda Harris wasn't ever much of a talkative person. She always had this tentative nature about her when confronted. She had a tendency to make herself appear smaller when there were too many eyes on her. She has built up quite the reputation in their pack as the quiet and submissive servant, who only ever speaks when spoken to. Many of her pack members are hardly aware of her existence, let alone the sound of her voice.

Considering that her employer has indicated what he knew of her backstory to anyone that would ask, the community knew of her dark past, at least the forefront of it - never the details. Though the vagueness and blurriness of her story had been telling enough of her rather foreign behavior. Even for an omega like herself it was strange, the omegas in their pack were strong-willed, opinionated and often times feisty. Lucinda exhibited no such traits. Hardly was she one to ever argue or object to any tasks she may have been forced to do. It wasn't anything anyone had seen before, it sounded like some behaviors humans might exhibit. And in addition to her demeanor, her overall appearance wasn't much like anything they'd witnessed in person. At least, not for their species.

Her journey to the Anderson family home had been grueling. Though, just like most other things in her experience, she didn't object. She allowed herself to be pulled onto the massive terrain, the vast lot of land was spacious and populated by several thick bushels and trees. There lay a cobblestone path that meandered towards the front entrance of the home. The Anderson home was situated among the mountains, the change in altitude made Lucinda's ears ache, she felt weight dropping on her chest as the wagon approached the large manor.

It was unlike the other houses, Lucinda stares up at it's daunting height, the reflections from the windows seem to stare back at her. All three stories of the home loom over the estate with a dictating and commanding presence; a symbol of authority. It's warm mahogany tones blended seamlessly with the saturated rich greens of the environment, yet had just enough contrast to distinguish it from the natural world.

"Come on, girl," one of the escorting guards muttered gruffly to her. She rips her gaze from the scenic view outside the window, the air was thinner though she supposed it was something she'd have to get used to. Fog blankets the higher peaks of the mountains, it was crisp and cool. Had it not been for the atmospheric pressure, she'd find it quite refreshing. Slamming the door shut behind them, one of her escorts snatched her arm and tugged it hard, Lucinda bites back a yelp as he practically drags her out of the car. His grip was tight and uncomfortable on her arm, but the more she would struggle the more he constricted. The other guard leads the way up the pathway with Lucinda and her wrangler close behind. He knocks on the door three times, Lucinda stares down at her feet, she hadn't been allowed shoes, the guards had fussed over her getting tracks in the vehicle; apparently other girls had tracked into it and they'd tired of cleaning it every time. The pebble stone path felt cool and dewy beneath her feet. Her black mane of curls was rumpled and messy, she not having had much time to prepare herself for the journey.

The lock behind the tall door clicked, she peeked just enough to see it swinging open to reveal the tall, over-bearing presence of an older man. Lucinda casts her gaze back down, trying not to allow her eyes to linger.

"This is her?" The man had a rough voice, husky and a bit gravelly, most likely from age. Lucinda could feel the baritones of it vibrating from where she stood. He spoke with a tone of finality and firmness, much like an Alpha would. She fumbles with her fingers. The older man nodded toward the young woman, who appeared quite frail and weak. For a moment, a look of empathy flashes across his steely gaze. She shifts on her feet, stiffening as the man gripping her grumbled for her to be still.

"It is, sir." He replied firmly.

The older man scoffed, his husky voice belting a hearty chuckle, though no one had joined him. "She isn't much of a fighter now, is she?" Lucinda watched him step aside and she was pulled onto the porch and into the doorway, her feet meeting polished wooden floors.