16. Strain

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, guys! I've had lots of exams but I can't wait to publish more for y'all! Thanks for being patient, I appreciate everyone who reads! Please share your feedback with comments! They make my day and I read every one.

*Just an FYI, I may need to edit some things in this chapter. But thanks for bearing with me as always!

"G'morning, little guy," Seth greeted, surprised to see Aesir already in his pen when he walked into Braxton's study. He sets his binder down, exaggerating a pout at Aesir's flushed face. "What's wrong?" He wondered, looking to Braxton for an explanation.

The Alpha sighs, "He wants to shift, but everyone's too busy to bring him outside." He explained, Seth coos at Aesir, placing his hands on his knees and leaning down to get a good look at him.

"Maybe we can take a break later so he can play," Seth wondered, it sounded like a question, as though he was asking Braxton's permission. He turns away from his laptop, peering at his son over his blue light glasses - without them, screens give him an awful headache. Aesir peeks up at him, toddling to the other end of his playpen and pressing his little dimpled hands to the mesh. He stood on his bare toes, trying to peer at his father over the top that he was still much too short to see over. He had a pleading look in his eyes, and Braxton wanted to wring Seth's neck for planting that seed.

He sighs, "I'll see what I can do," he murmured, Seth grinning at him. Braxton meets his son's gaze, "But you have to behave so I can work, 'Sir. I've got a lot to do." The toddler continued to pout at him, and when Braxton turned back to his work, he slumped down heavily on the cushioned floor.

"Lucy's not available?" Seth inquired, to which the Alpha shook his head.

"She's making arrangements for the Summer Festival, since we won't be here." He explained gruffly, Seth ruffles Aesir's curls, standing to his full height.

"Right, Brooke's wedding is that weekend, isn't it? Well, the festival should turn out fine. Everyone enjoyed the Spring one," Seth assured, waving his buddy off.

Braxton bobbed his head, typing away at a spreadsheet he'd been sent, "She's got more work to do on her own this time around," He started, hearing Seth hum. He picks up his binder and moves to his own corner of the office, where he tended to work. They had to keep a close eye on their financials, especially with new events occurring every few months. Lucy did what she could to make sure they don't have to touch their funds to put on her seasonal festivals, and he was quite grateful for that, having seen the numbers on those prices made him cringe. They could certainly afford it, in fact their pack could easily afford to put on more events, but Braxton was very cautious about when their funds were used, and she was understanding of that. Though she'd never asked.

"...About that," Seth started, and the Alpha turned to him. He glances at Aesir gnawing on one of his toys again, growling in utter frustration as he wrestled it. His chin was covered in drool, not to mention his wolf ears poking out from his hair. He can't shift fully with his clothes on, not yet, anyway. To Lucy, it was a blessing, she didn't like him ripping his clothes by any means. She likes to donate the ones he's too big for. Part of him wishes she'd hold off on it, though he's never spoken up about it, because he couldn't give her a good reason as to why.

"Joo's due pretty soon and she'll need my help with a lot of things, especially after the baby's born. And Hyunnie's gonna need help adjusting to the baby..." He trailed off when he noticed Braxton not saying anything, not even bobbing his head along. Just his typical stoic expression.

"Seth, you're always approved for paternity leave, just tell me when." He assured, Seth tried not to look relieved.

"Thanks, it's just with the rogues and the work and all, I-"