Chapter 27

Hinata sighed as she looked between the two. "Are we really fighting over who's going to take me to the gala?" she asked a little annoyed. Naruto wrapped his arm around her waist. "No, because I'm going to be the one to take you. Sasuke can go alone or find someone else to take," he declared. "Not happening," Sasuke interjected, grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards him. Naruto responded by grabbing her other wrist and pulling her back. "You took her last year, and I had to go with Karin. Do you know how embarrassing it is to go to a gala with your cousin?" Naruto yelled.

Hinata sighed as the boys pulled her in different directions. Finally, she snapped. "STOP! If you keep acting like this, I'm not going with anyone!" She pulled her arms out of their grip and stomped upstairs angrily. Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other, each thinking the other was at fault.

"This is your fault," Naruto mumbled to Sasuke. Sasuke rolled his eyes and walked upstairs after Hinata. He lightly knocked on her door. "Go away," she said from the other side.

"Hinata, open up now," Sasuke said, knocking again. He could hear her sigh from the other side before the door slightly opened. He pushed the door open more and saw her lying on the bed, face down on the sheets. "It always makes me feel bad that we fight over small things like this," she confessed into her pillow. "I feel like the only way you guys would be happy is if I split myself in two."

Sasuke sighed, hearing what Hinata said, and took a seat on the bed next to her. "Who would you like to go with?" he asked, resting his hand on her back. "Both," she said simply.

With a beaming grin, Naruto declared from the doorway, "Then let's all go together!" Hinata's face lit up with relief as she realized that they had found a solution. Excitement radiated from Naruto as he continued, "We have a whole week to get everything ready!" His voice was filled with enthusiasm, and his body language was animated as he looked back and forth between Hinata and Sasuke, eagerly anticipating the week ahead.

~~

Hinata's phone rang in the kitchen and she walked over to answer it, without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" she said, unsure of who was on the other end. "Hinata! Hey girl! It's been forever!" Ino's voice boomed through the phone. Hinata cringed at the volume and held the phone a little further away from her ear. "Hey Ino, how have you been?" she asked, trying to keep the conversation going. Ino giggled in response. "Oh, same old, same old. Sai and I have been doing better and we can't keep our hands off each other. How about you, babe?" Hinata blushed at Ino's explicit comment. She really should be used to it by now, considering she was in a polyamorous relationship. "I've been doing better. My dad got my wedding nullified, so Naruto, Sasuke, and I are back together," Hinata said with a smile. Ino squealed in delight. "That's great! I bet you guys are happy about that." Hinata nodded, twirling a piece of hair between her fingers. "Yeah, it was a mess, but we're stronger now because of it."

Ino's tone shifted, and she leaned in for the juicy details. "So, what's it like having two men at once?" Hinata gasped at the question and blushed even harder. "G-good," she stuttered, embarrassed. "Oh, babe. I bet it's way better than good," Ino said, her voice dripping with insinuation. Hinata closed her eyes tightly, trying to keep her composure. "It's amazing, wonderful, and blissful," she admitted, feeling the heat of two pairs of eyes on her. Sasuke smirked, enjoying her discomfort. "What was that, Hinata?" Naruto chimed in, grinning as he walked over to her.

Suddenly, Ino exclaimed, "Oh shit, is that Naruto?" Naruto took the phone from Hinata's hand, and Sasuke wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Naruto grinned as he spoke into the phone. "Hey Ino! Long time no talk!" Sasuke leaned in to listen as Hinata giggled, feeling the warmth of his arm around her. "Yeah, things have been crazy for us, but we're all back together now," Naruto continued. "And let me tell you, having two amazing partners is the best thing ever!"