Chapter 16

Hinata hadn't seen Sasuke or Naruto in weeks, and as the wedding approached, a growing worry enveloped her. She pondered their absence, lost in thought, until her musings were interrupted by Toneri. Letting out a sigh, he confronted her, "Why are you so upset, baby?" Hinata sighed again, her response carrying the weight of her emotions. Toneri, frustrated with her demeanor, slammed his hand on the table. "Stop with this nonsense! Why are you acting this way? I know you want me. I know it! Yet, here you are being an annoyance," he spat, his temper flaring.

Rolling her eyes, Hinata muttered, "I don't want to be with you for the hundredth time." Toneri's grip tightened as he roughly grabbed her chin, forcing her gaze upon him. "You're still thinking about them, aren't you?" he accused. Startled, Hinata asked, "I don't know what you mean." Toneri then unveiled the truth, "They moved on. It's all over the news. Sasuke started dating Sakura, and Naruto started dating a girl named Shion." Stunned, her eyes widened in disbelief. "W-what?" she stuttered.

Toneri smirked smugly, "Yeah, I don't even care about you anymore. Why do you think they haven't called?" Hinata retorted, "You took my phone away, and I can't see any TV, so how should I know if what you're saying is true or not?" He patted her cheek mockingly, sneering, "Oh, honey. It's so sad how you thought they cared about you. They were just using you for your body. They didn't need anyone else because they had you, but now that you're gone, well, you get the picture."

Her heart pounded in her chest as she tried to process Toneri's words. Could it be true? Had Sasuke and Naruto truly moved on and started dating other people? Her mind raced with questions and doubts, yet deep down, she knew Toneri was manipulating her, playing mind games.

With a mix of anger and disbelief, she looked at Toneri. "I don't believe you," she said, attempting to steady her voice. Toneri chuckled. "Suit yourself, but it's the truth. You can choose to live in denial, but the fact remains that they've moved on."

She shook her head defiantly. "No, they wouldn't do that. They care about me." Toneri raised an eyebrow. "Do they really? Or were they just using you for their own pleasure? Think about it, they haven't even bothered to call you in weeks. They've probably forgotten all about you."

His words stung like a knife, but Hinata refused to show her vulnerability. "You're lying. They wouldn't just abandon me like that." Toneri shrugged. "Believe what you want, but it's the truth. And you know what? I'm actually glad that they're out of the picture. Now we can finally be together without any distractions."

She recoiled at the thought, never desiring to be with Toneri. His persistent pursuit had always been unwelcome. Now, with Sasuke and Naruto supposedly out of the picture, his determination to possess her intensified. Yet, she refused to give up on Sasuke and Naruto so easily.

"I know they'll stop you. They love me!" she declared, standing up and confronting Toneri. He laughed mockingly. "Believe what you like, love," he said, pulling her close and resting his chin on her head.

He sighed, rubbing her back, but every touch repulsed her. It only deepened her longing for Sasuke and Naruto to return. Tears streamed down her face as she cried, overwhelmed by the thought of losing them forever.

"Here we go again, crying now? How bipolar are you?" Toneri sneered, shoving her aside and storming out of the room, leaving her to weep in solitude.

She cried for what felt like hours, consumed by a profound sense of loneliness and betrayal. How could Sasuke and Naruto do this to her? Was it all just a game? She couldn't fathom it. Yet, a small voice within her urged caution, whispering that Toneri could be deceiving her once more. What if it was true, though? Her mind swirled with uncertainty.

As she wiped away her tears, a realization dawned upon her. She needed to discover the truth herself. She had to talk to Sasuke and Naruto directly. But how could she do that when Toneri had confiscated her phone, leaving her with no means of reaching out? She had to devise a plan.

The following day, while Toneri was at work, Hinata hastily dressed and slipped out of the house, ensuring she remained unseen. Stealthily, she made her way to Sasuke's residence. When he opened the door, he appeared stunned but swiftly pulled her inside, locking the door behind them. He held her tightly, and relief mingled with joy as tears streamed down her face.

"What the hell? How did you get here?" Sasuke inquired, peering at her curiously.

"I snuck out," Hinata confessed. "I missed you guys so much. I haven't heard from you in weeks." Tears fell as she lightly struck his chest. Gently wiping her tears, Sasuke listened attentively.

"I want to come back. I want to be in your arms again," she expressed, a renewed sense of hope coursing through her. "Can you call Naruto for me?" Sasuke nodded, quickly dialing Naruto's number on his phone. As they awaited Naruto's response, a surge of relief washed over.

After several rings, Naruto answered. "Hey, what's up?" he greeted. "Naruto, it's Hinata," Sasuke said, placing the phone on speaker. "She's here with me." "What? Hinata, where are you?" Naruto's voice exuded relief. "I'm at Sasuke's," she responded, her voice trembling. "Can you come over?" "Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes," Naruto assured before ending the call.

They sat on the couch, awaiting Naruto's arrival. Sasuke held Hinata's hand as she attempted to calm her breathing. She couldn't believe she would finally see Naruto again after weeks of worrying. When the doorbell rang, Sasuke rose to answer it, leaving Hinata alone on the couch. She heard the door open, and a few seconds later, Naruto's voice filled the room.

"Hinata," Naruto exclaimed, his voice brimming with emotion. He rushed over to the couch, pulling her into a tight embrace. "I missed you so much," he confessed, tears welling in his eyes. Hinata hugged him back, burying her face in his chest. "I missed you too," she whispered. He leaned in for a kiss. "That feels so good! I missed kissing you," Naruto admitted, capturing her lips once more. Hinata giggled as Sasuke pulled Naruto away. "Stop hogging her for yourself. We only have limited time with her." Glancing at the wall clock, she added, "I have maybe four hours." Naruto smirked. "That's plenty of time."

"Hold on, Naruto," Hinata interjected, pulling away from his embrace. "There's something I need to tell you both." Concern etched their faces as they focused on her. "What is it?" Sasuke inquired. "Toneri... he's been keeping me trapped in his house. He took away my phone, and I couldn't contact anyone. He's been telling me lies about both of you moving on and dating other people." Anger welled up in their expressions. "That bastard," Naruto growled. "Don't worry, Hinata. We'll take care of him," Sasuke assured her.