Chapter 22

Hinata listened as the doctor delivered the news about her pregnancy test results. "I'm sorry, but you're not pregnant," the doctor informed her, and a wave of confusion washed over her.

Perplexed, Hinata asked, "Then why am I feeling sick?"

The doctor patted Hinata's shoulder reassuringly and explained, "We're uncertain about the cause at the moment. We'll need to conduct further tests to ensure everything is alright. Would that be acceptable to you?" Hinata nodded in agreement, and as the doctor exited the room, she turned to Naruto, who stood by her side.

Naruto held her hand and offered a sad smile. "It's going to be okay, Hinata," he said, lightly kissing her lips before sighing. "I can't believe Sasuke had a meeting and couldn't be here for you."

A weak giggle escaped Hinata as she replied, "It's alright, Naruto. He's catching up on work, which you should be doing as well."

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck and admitted, "Well, I asked my dad to cover for me while I'm here, but I do need to get back to the office soon."

Patting his cheek affectionately, Hinata reassured him, "I'm a grown-up, Naruto. I can handle things here by myself."

Naruto wore a worried expression but ultimately nodded hesitantly. "Alright, but I'll call you as soon as I'm done with work," he promised, squeezing her hand. Grateful for his caring nature, Hinata smiled at him, feeling fortunate to have such a supportive partner.

As Naruto left the room, Hinata reclined on the examination table and closed her eyes, overwhelmed by a sense of exhaustion. Despite the doctor's comforting words, a lingering unease settled in her stomach.

Shortly after, the doctor returned with a nurse, and they proceeded to conduct a series of tests on Hinata. She winced as they drew blood and felt her heart race as they monitored her vitals.

"Great, we have the blood samples," the doctor announced upon returning to the room. "Unfortunately, it'll take a couple of days to obtain the final results. However, I'll prioritize your case since you're one of our VIP guests." With those words, she exited the room once more.

Taking a deep breath, Hinata rose from the examination table, relieved that the tests were finally over. However, as soon as she stood upright, she suddenly collapsed, hitting her head on the way down. The sound of beeping filled her ears before everything faded to black.

---

"So, you're saying we lost an entire month's worth of progress because I was gone?" Sasuke questioned, his voice laced with irritation.

The first worker sheepishly nodded, admitting their dependence on Sasuke's guidance. "We didn't have anyone to steer us in the right direction," they confessed.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes, glaring at the worker. "Aren't you the manager of your team?" he snapped. "I gave you a plan months ago. You should have been capable of executing it without me being here."

The workers sat frozen, mouths agape, shocked by Sasuke's outburst. "S-sir," the first worker stuttered, taken aback.

Rising abruptly, Sasuke's temper flared. "Consider your team fired," he declared firmly. "Leave. Inform your team to go home as well. I won't tolerate incompetence in my company."

Ignoring the remaining coworkers, Sasuke stormed out of the conference room with determination. He knew he couldn't waste any time when it came to Hinata's well-being, and he was resolved to do whatever it took to ensure she was alright.

---

Breathless, Naruto burst into his office, leaning over with his hands on his knees. "Hey, Dad, sorry I'm late. Hinata is undergoing some tests," he panted. Minato finished reading the document before glancing up at his son.

"How is she doing?" Minato inquired. Naruto straightened up and rubbed his neck.

"Well, she's not pregnant, but they don't know what's causing her illness," Naruto replied. Furrowing his brow, Minato sought clarification.

"If she were pregnant, how would you feel?" he asked, curious. Naruto's eyes widened as he pondered the question.

"Honestly, Dad, I don't know how I'd feel. It could be mine or Sasuke's, but regardless, I would love the child with all my heart," Naruto confessed, feeling a tinge of unease about his answer.

"Understood. I forgot that you two are in a polyamorous relationship," Minato acknowledged, intertwining his fingers and resting his chin on them. "I love you, son, and if this is the kind of relationship that brings you happiness, I will support you."

Naruto beamed at his father's words. "Thank you, Dad. It means a lot to me." Minato nodded, stood up from his chair, and declared, "Now, let's get back to work. We have a lot to do." With a smile, Naruto followed his father's lead and focused on his tasks. However, his thoughts kept drifting back to Hinata. The worry and guilt of leaving her alone at the hospital lingered in his mind. As soon as he completed his work, he made the decision to leave the office early and visit Hinata.

Approaching the hospital room, Naruto found Sasuke sitting by Hinata's bedside, holding her hand. Sasuke glanced up, acknowledging Naruto with a nod, as he stood next to him, gazing down at Hinata's peaceful face. Concern filled Naruto's voice as he asked, "What happened?"

Sasuke sighed and explained that Hinata had collapsed on her way out of the hospital. Naruto cursed under his breath. "I should've trusted my instincts and stayed with her. Damn it, I'm such an idiot!" Sasuke shot him a look.

"Yes, you are, but there's nothing we can do now except wait," Sasuke replied.

Just then, Sasuke's phone rang, and Hinata's father, Hiashi, was on the line. Sasuke conveyed the situation to him and let out a sigh. "Ah, I see. Well, hopefully, when she wakes up, we can have this marriage annulled. It will surely bring her joy to know that she won't be married to Toneri anymore," Sasuke said, his grip on the phone tightening in frustration. "Yes, sir," he replied before ending the call, still clutching the phone tightly.