Chapter 9

Hinata couldn't shake the thought of Sakura's obvious crush on Sasuke. As the night grew late, they all decided to call it a night.

Naruto and Hinata accompanied Ino to her car, bidding her farewell. Returning to the house, Naruto wrapped his arm around Hinata's waist. "That was fun, right?" he asked, burying his face in her hair.

She smiled, leaning into him. "Yeah, it was." However, a sense of unease still lingered within her.

After settling into bed, Naruto pulled her close, kissing her deeply. "I love you," he whispered, his warm breath caressing her cheek.

"I love you too," she replied, but her mind was elsewhere. The feeling that something was off continued to gnaw at her.

The following morning, unable to sleep, Hinata rose early and quietly got dressed. Craving fresh air, she left the house, lost in her thoughts. Suddenly, she heard her name being called.

"Hinata!" It was Sasuke.

Surprised to see him there, she turned around. "Sasuke? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," he said, approaching her.

"About what?" she asked, her heart starting to race.

"I need to tell you something," he said, looking away. "Sakura kissed me last night," he finally confessed, meeting her gaze again.

Her heart stopped. "What?"

"Sakura kissed me," he repeated. "I didn't know what to do, so I just left." A sickening sensation overwhelmed her. "But I wanted you to know. I don't want any secrets between us."

"Thank you for telling me," she managed to say, her mind spinning. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Hinata had always been aware of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, but witnessing it manifest into a kiss was beyond her expectations. Tears streamed down her face as she looked up at Sasuke, a mix of confusion and heartbreak washing over her. Why was she crying? Sasuke and she weren't officially together, but there was something between them, and Sakura's kiss had hurt her more than she thought possible.

Sasuke noticed her tears, gently wiping them away before embracing her tightly. They garnered attention from passersby, witnessing Sasuke, typically aloof, displaying such raw emotion in public. Resting his head on hers, he let out a sigh.

"When I see her next, I will make it clear that I'm not interested and that I love someone else," he said, his voice low.

Drawing closer to him, Hinata wrapped her arms around his waist. "Thank you for telling me," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Sasuke pulled away slightly, looking down at her. "Let's go home and tell Naruto," he suggested, determination evident in his expression.

Entering the bedroom, Naruto's snoring figure sprawled across the bed. Sasuke approached him, lifting his hand as if to strike him but then hesitated, settling for a firm chop on the head. Naruto groaned, rubbing his head and glaring at Sasuke.

Rolling his eyes, Sasuke retorted, "Oh, please! A little hit on the head won't do any real damage to that thick skull of yours."

Naruto's anger contorted his face. "How dare you insult my intelligence!" he yelled, lunging at Sasuke.

Swiftly stepping between them, Hinata raised her hands in a calming gesture. "Naruto, stop. Sasuke has something important to tell you," she said firmly.

Hinata watched as Naruto's expression softened slightly at her serious tone, causing him to sit back down on the bed. Taking a seat next to him, Sasuke let out a deep sigh as he spoke bluntly.

"Sakura kissed me last night," Sasuke said.

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise. "What?! Sakura kissed you? Why?!"

"I don't know," Sasuke replied, shaking his head. "But next time I see her I'll tell her I'm not interested."

Naruto turned to Hinata, confusion etched on his face. "Hinata, did you know about this?"

Shaking her head, Hinata said, "Sasuke just told me this morning."

Naruto let out a deep sigh. "Well, that's a relief. I was worried for a second there."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "Why were you worried?"

Naruto grinned sheepishly. "Well, you know, Sakura has always been pretty forward with her feelings towards you. I thought maybe you were interested too."

Sasuke snorted. "Please, I only have eyes for Hinata."

Feeling grateful for Sasuke's loyalty, Hinata blushed at his words. Naruto smiled and gave them both a thumbs up. "Well, that's settled then. No more drama, right guys?"

Both Sasuke and Hinata nodded their heads. "No more drama," Hinata said, relieved that everything was out in the open. Hinata stuck her pinky out, and the guys grabbed it with smiles on their faces. "No more drama," they repeated back to her.

Despite the resolution, Hinata couldn't shake the feeling that things were never that simple. As much as she wanted to believe that they had put the drama behind them, a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach told her otherwise. Hinata knew that something else was going to happen, and it was only a matter of time.