Chapter 20

"Come on, Naruto!" Sasuke's voice rang out as he forced himself to dash to his car, blood trickling down his leg from an old wound being opened. He cradled a passed-out Hanabi in his arms and swiftly deposited her in the backseat. Slipping into the driver's seat, he turned the key in the ignition, but the car coughed and sputtered. Frustration mounting, Sasuke cursed under his breath, "Fuck, come on!"

Naruto climbed into the passenger seat, slamming his hand on the dashboard. "Hurry up, Sasuke! They're right behind us! We need to get out of here fast!" His voice rose in panic, urging Sasuke to act swiftly.

"I know that, idiot!" Sasuke snapped, his eyes scanning the dashboard as he attempted to restart the car. Finally, the engine roared to life. Sasuke shifted the car into reverse and gunned it, causing Naruto's head to collide with the dashboard. "Ouch, teme!" Naruto complained, rubbing his forehead.

"Shut up, dobe! I need to focus!" Sasuke growled, his eyes fixed on the road as he skillfully reversed the car. Once they reached the crossroads, he shifted the car into drive and accelerated, racing toward the city. "Yeah! We're getting away from Toneri's minions!" Naruto cheered, pumping his fist in the air.

"Shut up, idiot! We're not in the clear yet!" Sasuke barked, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. Naruto fished his phone out of his pocket, desperately trying to power it on. "Hey, Teme, what day is it?" he asked, seeking some clarity amidst the chaos.

"How should I know, dobe?" Sasuke retorted, his irritation evident. Naruto's face fell as he managed to power up his phone, the shattered screen barely displaying the date. "It's Hinata's wedding day!" he exclaimed, realizing the significance of the moment.

"Fuck," Sasuke muttered under his breath, his expression grim.

Meanwhile, at Hinata's wedding ceremony, tears streamed down her face as she struggled to finish her vow. Toneri, her groom, held her hands tightly, his grip becoming painful. Unbeknownst to the guests, Hinata sensed Toneri's anger simmering beneath his attempt at a smile.

Bravely, Hinata continued, her voice quivering, "To love and to honor you all the days of my life." Each word felt heavy with the realization that she was about to be trapped in a loveless marriage with an unstable man.

As the priest blessed the wedding rings with holy water and handed them to the couple, Hinata's hands shook uncontrollably. With a sinking heart, she placed the ring on Toneri's finger, painfully aware of the life she was surrendering.

Just as Toneri was about to kiss her, a voice rang out, filled with desperation and defiance. "STOP!" Her eyes widened as she turned to see who interrupted the ceremony.

(4 days ago)

(With Naruto and Sasuke)

In the presence of Naruto and Sasuke, Jim, one of the guards, initiated a conversation with his colleague. "Hey, Bob, my wife and I are looking for another partner since we heard those guys were in one together," Jim stated.

"Are you suggesting sharing your wife with another man?" Bob inquired.

"Or women," Jim corrected him. "As long as it's consensual, it's not unusual."

Bob hesitated, contemplating the idea. "I don't know, man. I wouldn't want to share my girlfriend with anyone," he replied, diverting his gaze towards Sasuke, Naruto, and Hanabi. Sasuke noticed Bob's gaze and responded with a glare, while Naruto waved in their direction.

"Hey, hey, minion," Naruto called out, trying to capture Bob's attention.

"What do you want?" Bob growled.

"Hanabi needs to use the ladies' room," Naruto informed, observing Bob's reaction.

Bob's frustration surfaced as he kicked over a nearby bucket. "Let her use that," he exclaimed dismissively.

Naruto furrowed his brows, perplexed. "Are you seriously suggesting that a lady should use the restroom in a room full of men?"

"It's not like she hasn't done it before," Jim chimed in nonchalantly.

Hanabi stepped forward, taking hold of the bucket. "It's fine. I'll just use the corner," she said, prepared to proceed.

Naruto quickly intervened, gripping her wrist to halt her actions. "Would you have your girlfriend or wife use the restroom in front of men?" he questioned the guards.

Giving in reluctantly, Jim grumbled, "Fine. If it'll silence you," as he approached Hanabi and escorted her out of the room.

Bob scanned the surroundings before turning to the boys. "I'll help you guys escape if you provide me with enough money to sustain myself without working. I know both of you care for that girl, and I'm certain the boss won't treat her well," he whispered discreetly.

Sasuke displayed confusion. "You want to assist us?"

Bob nodded earnestly. "Is this some sort of trap?" Naruto questioned cautiously.

Bob shook his head. "No, I'm serious. I've grown disenchanted with the way things are here. The boss treats people as disposable. I want no part in it anymore."

Sasuke and Naruto exchanged a meaningful glance, and then Naruto spoke up. "What do you propose?"

Leaning in closer, Bob shared his plan. "You'll need to compensate me enough to start anew. You do have money, right?"

Sasuke affirmed. "We do. But how can we be certain that we can trust you?"

Bob let out a sigh. "Look, I'm not asking for your trust. I'm just trying to make it out of here alive. If you don't want my help, that's fine. But if you do, I can help you escape."

Naruto regarded Sasuke, who nodded in agreement. "Okay. How do we proceed?"

Bob smiled, "I have a plan. I'll have everything ready. All you guys have to do is be ready to run. Now I'm sorry to do this but I have to punch one of you."

Naruto and Sasuke shared a quick glance, and Sasuke nodded towards Naruto, whispering, "Punch him."

Naruto was taken aback, but before he could protest, the sound of approaching footsteps interrupted them. "I said shut up, will you?" Bob growled, delivering a solid punch to Naruto's cheek. Naruto fell to the ground, dazed and in pain.

Jim arrived and questioned, "What's going on here?"

"This brat thinks he has the right to talk," Bob spat, before turning and walking back to the door. Sasuke stifled a laugh as he helped Naruto to his feet.