Chapter 19

In Hinata's mind, the words of the priest echoed, while Toneri's grip on her hands tightened. She forced a false smile, concealing her inner turmoil as he recited his vows. "I, Toneri Ōtsutsuki, take you, Hinata Hyuga, to be my husband. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life." Meeting his gaze, her thoughts raced, questioning how she had ended up in this situation, about to marry a man she didn't love. Naruto and Sasuke had supposedly found him but had since disappeared without a trace. The priest's voice interrupted her thoughts, urging her to recite her own vows. "I, Hinata Hyuga, take..." She hesitated, her mind clouded with doubts and fear.

---

(One week ago)

(With Naruto and Sasuke)

As Sasuke slowly opened his eyes, he was momentarily blinded by a bright light, causing him to blink several times before adjusting. "I see you're finally awake," Toneri sneered. "Rescue mission gone wrong, huh?" Irritated by Toneri's taunting, Sasuke scowled and turned his head to the left, finding Naruto still unconscious.

"Well, too bad. Hinata's going to miss her 'boy toys'," Toneri remarked, mimicking air quotes with his fingers. Sasuke glared at him, his anger intensifying. "What do you want with her?" he demanded, his voice dripping with contempt. Toneri let out a small chuckle before pacing around the room. "Let me tell you a story," he said, his smirk widening.

Sasuke was captivated by Toneri's story, leaning forward and listening intently to his words. "Once upon a time," Toneri began, "there was a beautiful girl, about six years old. She was bullied relentlessly because some idiot decided to announce to the whole school that he would marry her." Toneri shook his head in disgust.

"What does that have to do with you? How do you even know about it?" Sasuke asked, puzzled.

"Well, you see, Sasuke, I wasn't that popular back then. But I was there. I saw everything. I was what you used to call a 'nerd.' Do you remember bullying me for getting close to Hinata?" Toneri inquired, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

A flicker of realization crossed Sasuke's eyes as he recalled a time when he had tormented Toneri for approaching Hinata. However, the man before him now bore no resemblance to the timid boy from the past. Sasuke glared at Toneri. "So, this is just your twisted form of revenge?"

Toneri shook his head, his smirk replaced by a serious expression. "No, Sasuke. You don't understand. This isn't about revenge. It's about love. I genuinely love her, and if she would only give me a chance, I could make her happy," he declared with unwavering conviction.

Disbelieving, Sasuke struggled to comprehend Toneri's warped logic. "You can't force someone to love you. This is madness," he retorted, glancing at Naruto, who remained unconscious.

Ignoring Sasuke's comment, Toneri strolled over to a nearby table and picked up a small knife. "But I can make her see things my way," he stated, twirling the knife in his hand.

Sasuke's heart pounded in his chest. "What do you plan to do with that?" he demanded, his voice trembling.

Toneri turned to face Sasuke, a malevolent grin stretching across his face. "Let's just say I have a few...persuasive techniques that I'm dying to try out," he replied, taking a step closer.

Sasuke stood his ground, his gaze fixed on Toneri, who was now only a few feet away. "You're insane," he growled through clenched teeth, his fists tightly clenched at his sides.

Toneri emitted a low chuckle. "Am I? Or am I just a man who knows what he wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it?" he taunted, twirling the knife once again.

Sasuke's mind raced, desperately searching for a plan to stop Toneri. He glanced at Naruto, still unconscious on the floor, then back at Toneri, who loomed ever closer.

---

Hinata paced the room anxiously, consumed by worry and fear. Three long hours had elapsed since she last heard from Naruto and Sasuke, and the silence suffocated her. Unable to bear the weight of anticipation and uncertainty any longer, she had hidden her phone under the mattress. Sitting on the bed, her gaze fixed blankly on the wall, she prayed fervently for the safety of her beloved boys.

As another six hours slipped by, her nerves frayed to their breaking point. Just then, Toneri entered the room. "I'm home," he mumbled, his voice barely audible.

"Welcome home," Hinata stammered, attempting to conceal the desperation in her voice. She noticed a red stain on Toneri's shirt. Her heart skipped a beat, and she couldn't help but ask, "T-Toneri? Is that blood?"

Toneri glanced down at his shirt, rubbing the back of his head. "No, just some cherry jam I accidentally spilled," he replied with a faint smile.

Relief washed over Hinata, and she let out a deep sigh, pressing her hand against her chest. However, something about the stain didn't seem like jam to her. Toneri brushed past her and headed straight for the bathroom. Curiosity gnawed at her as she wondered what had transpired.

After Toneri hugged Hinata and whispered in her ear, an unsettling feeling gripped her. "T-Toneri, did something happen to my sister?" she inquired, attempting to conceal her worry. Toneri's expression turned cold as he withdrew from the embrace. "She's fine. Why must you always ruin a perfectly good moment?" he snapped, glaring at Hinata. Taken aback, she instinctively took a step back, her hands raised defensively. "I didn't mean it that way. I was merely concerned. I miss her dearly," she explained, hoping to diffuse the tense situation.

Toneri shook his head before pulling her into another hug. "I'm sorry, Hinata. It's been a stressful day," he apologized, his grip tightening. "It's okay," Hinata responded, feeling uneasy and awkward, striving to act genuine despite her discomfort. As Toneri released her, he raised his voice. "No, it's not okay! I just want you to be happy and love me!" he yelled, causing Hinata to flinch.

She could feel Toneri's grip on her tighten, and an unsettling sensation washed over her. "T-Toneri, please let go," she pleaded, attempting to free herself. However, he refused to relent. "I won't let go until you understand how much I love you," he declared, his voice growing increasingly intense.

Panic surged through Hinata as she realized something was seriously wrong with Toneri. "T-Toneri, you're scaring me," she whimpered, her voice trembling. But he appeared oblivious to her distress. Instead, he drew nearer, his face mere inches from hers.

"I've waited for you for so long, Hinata," he whispered, his breath hot against her cheek. "I know you're the one for me. I just need you to see it too."

Hinata tried to push him away, but his strength overwhelmed her. "T-Toneri, please stop," she implored, tears streaming down her face. "You're hurting me."

But Toneri seemed indifferent to her pleas. He pulled her even closer, his grip tightening to the point where she could barely breathe. "You'll see, Hinata," he hissed, his eyes gleaming with a dangerous light. "You'll come to love me too."