Fury

The next day

Indigo Plateau

Fin's Pov

I stood next to a food truck, which was selling candy designed to look like a Pidgey. I had never gotten the appeal of candy, but here I was eating some, waiting for Looker to show up for a last second meeting. He arrived with a briefcase, which he claimed had nothing in it, which made me question why bother bringing a briefcase when you don't bring anything within it. He claimed it was due to Team Rainbow Rocket potentially spying, which would be understandable if I didn't already have some of my Pokemon actively hunting them out, if they were stupid enough to spy near the Indigo Plateau, where the tournament was being held.

"It's pretty clear why they murdered Malva, Looker. I take it you know that you know this already, and that you understand why we had to meet at short notice." I said to Looker.

"Of course, we know why, but the problem is we don't know what info she had on Team Rainbow Rocket." Looker responded cooly.

"I told you she was close to Lysandre once; surely there has to be a connection there in relation to her murder." I theorised.

"Information on Lysandre, wouldn't be useful to us, let alone Team Rainbow Rocket. Also, we still don't have a clue, about the members of Rainbow Rocket, who were responsible for her murder. We're at a dead end here, and without more information, we aren't going to be able to get ahead of Team Rainbow Rocket." Looker answered bluntly, denying my theory.

"Looker, the International Police have been useless at keeping on top of Team Rainbow Rocket. Plus, they aren't even sending us help to keep the people participating in the World Coronation Series safe. Don't you know they recently harassed Alain for days, because he wouldn't tell them anything about the work he did with Team Flare once." I retorted.

Looker looked at me as if I'd said something so unforgivable, and stated "They're doing their best given the magnitude of the situation. They followed up on your suggestions as well but found nothing."

"Don't bullshit me Looker, they haven't even done tauros shit, since we last spoke, and you know that. We're on our own, Looker, in a game with no rules or logic. You're the head of the International Police, so you're allowed to muddy the waters. I've got a job to do in protecting the Ketchum's and also keeping people safe. You have a job right now of finding out what the hell Malva had on Team Rainbow Rocket, because whatever she knew, it was worth her life." I cracked back at him.

I turned to walk away, because at this point we were drawing too much attention in a public place. Before I left, I turned to him and mouthed "stay safe".

A few hours later.

Indigo Plateau Hotel - Fan quarters 

I sat in my room with a water bottle in my hand, tv on, my Stoutland by my foot, as I sat on the chair. I heard a knock from outside, and I shouted that the door was unlocked. Emma entered my room, looking frustrated.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Malva" She responded.

I sat up from my slumped position and faced her directly. "You've had a revelation about her murder?" I inquired.

"I haven't found out what info she had, but I discovered who she had been talking to." She answered.

"Who?" I asked.

"Multiple people of interest" She replied.

"That narrows everything down" I sarcastically chuckled.