Indigo Clash

Ash's Pov.

I woke up, early in the morning, it was the day of my battle against Ritchie. I hadn't battled him in years. I was a very new trainer at the time, but now, I'm an experienced trainer and a Pokemon League Champion. Ritchie was a future Elite Four member, with Agatha retiring in the near future. I was determined to avenge my defeat from when I was 10. I had trained hard for the tournament, I was determined not to let myself make the same mistakes I made when I was younger.

'Pika?' Pikachu enquired quizzically, wondering what had me deep in thought.

'Just thinking about the battle today, Pikachu. We're going to win this time against Ritchie'. I responded.

I got up, showered and decided to go for a run in order to get some exercise. It was still early in the morning so very few people were out. I had several Pokemon I wanted to use for the battle, but I had to make a final decision on who to use in the coming battle. I didn't have too much of an idea of whether Ritchie's team was still similar to the one he battled me with, in the Indigo League. I assumed not.

I had a lot on my mind as well as what Pokemon to use and what Pokemon Ritchie would use. I had heard of the threat of Team Rocket as of late, and there was also the case of what had happened at the opening ceremony. I wanted to focus on the battling, but my mind had been unable to get away from thinking about Serena. So, for me now, it's better to just use my thoughts of her, as motivation to win. I want to win for everyone because I feel as though I owe it to them for all the support they've given to me over the years.

I was running across the pathways when I saw a strange light in the sky, it reminded me of an ultra wormhole, but a lot different to what ultra wormholes actually appeared to be. It was very different since it was something I hadn't seen in my entire life. I thought of reporting it, but was interrupted from my thoughts by falling into a bush because I had been fixated on the sky. I brushed myself off and decided to head back to where I was staying.

A few hours later

I sat inside my trainer's room, drinking some fresh water. My sister, Leaf, and champion cousin, Diantha, were both looking after me as if I were a child. I already knew which Pokemon I wanted to use against Ritchie.

'You're not freaking out are you Ash?' Diantha asked.

'Of course not. I'm excited about the battle.' I replied.

'I can't wait to see you battle, today.' Leaf shouted in excitement.

'Jeez, how giddy can you get sis?' I enquired.

'As excited as I want to be. I'm happy to see my brother battle. It's my first time seeing you battle after all these years we've been separated'. Leaf responded.

'Well, I guess I need to make the battle entertaining for you.' I remarked.

'And maybe for a certain Kalos Queen.' Leaf teased in an attempt to make me embarrassed. She failed at that.

'Maybe I should. Maybe I will.' I responded.

'Have you decided which Pokemon you're using?' Diantha asked.