Action

Diantha's Pov.

Ah, the Indigo Plateau - One of the most famous battle locations on Earth. It was no wonder why Kanto had purposely built a new arena to host the World Coronation Series in place of Galar for this year. It was spectacular the area, famous battles have taken place across this area- Red vs Blue - Lance vs Blue, Oak vs Agatha. The list was long and prestigious. Lance walked into the lobby and saw me looking at the paintings.

'The good old days' Lance commented.

'What do you mean?' I asked him.

'The stability at the top of Kantonian society has not exactly been there recently. If anything the disappearance of Red and then the refusal of Blue to become champion again was a hard blow. The elite four are ageing, Agatha has handed in a notice, Loreli is good. Everything is not cosy in Kanto' Lance responded grimly.

'Well, good luck to you.' I said.

'Same to you' He replied before walking out of the lobby.

At the same time, someone bumped into me. I knew this was deliberate.

'Can I help you?' I asked irritated.

'Information for you. Use it at your discretion champion Diantha' The male said in a cold tone handing me an envelope. It's at this time I began to realise that a Team Rocket Grunt was handing me information. Whoever the grunt was, they were dodgy.

I left the lobby and headed to the Pokemon Centre nearby. I saw messages everywhere saying 'Deception is ripe, trust only those who can recognise the danger presented by the Rainbow'. It was quite clear this was an odd message, some bullshit about rainbows. Maybe it had a relation to the legendary pokemon Ho-oh.

I carried on back to my hotel, along the way I noticed a familiar young gym leader. I noticed it was Clemont, the Lumiose City gym leader, studying the area.

'It has been an awfully long time since we last met, Clemont.' I said.

'It has, Champion Diantha.' Clemont responded.

'I have been pretty disappointed this time around that Kalos has the fewest number of gym leaders, from those with gyms, representing them in the top 1000 in the World Coronation Series. You and Korrina have excelled as you always do along with Valerie and Olympia. Shame Grant just narrowly missed out in the end though.' I stated.

'Well, I've certainly matured and learnt a lot from when I travelled with Ash. I'd love to have a re-match against him.' Clemont responded.

'We will see.' I remarked calmly.

'Korrina at one point was not going to qualify but she put in a lot of effort and made sure she did. ' Clemont commented, emphasising the positives about Korrina. It made me curious, Clemont is always quick to praise Korrina, more so than any of the other gym leaders. Maybe there was something I haven't cottoned onto here.