Road to Mastery

Third Person Pov.

Five days till the Coronation Series/World Championships 

Ash, currently stationed at MT Silver, had been training for well over two weeks as he made his final preparations for the World Coronation Series, which had been moved to Kanto for security reasons. Gary had gone back to Pallet Town to help Professor Oak out, as well as easing the pressure on his grandfather. Calem and Shauna were in Cerulean City, staying there for a while to meet with the Gym Leader, one of Ash's oldest and closest friends, Misty. Ash was just left with Goh and Chloe. Both had decided to stick with Ash, partly because Goh had decided to enter the competition, but also because they wanted to keep Ash from being alone. Ash was thankful for his friends' company and happy to have people to train with. Chloe thought spending time with her boyfriend and Ash might help her discover her dream, it hadn't so far. Ash had recently seen the hatching of his egg, it was a Rookidee, who was now a Corviknight. Ash had also caught a Larvitar that was now a Tyranitar. Most of his Pokemon were now fully evolved. Ash had also caught several other Pokemon, his two friends did the same. Ash's further additions included Quagsire, Tangrowth, Hairyama, Machamp, he got his old Primeamp back, Rhyperior and Mismagius. Goh had managed to now have a Bronzong, Sandlsash, Golem, Chimeco, Marowak and Hitmonlee. Chloe was fortunate enough to have caught a Lanturn, Venomoth and a Galarian Ponyta her father had found for her in Galar, which was now a Galarian Rapidash, who got along well with her Nidoqueen and Execugttor. She also now owned a Slowbro.

In terms of the World Coronation Series Rankings, Ash was now in the Ultra Class but his recent adventures had led him to be in the top 20. Goh was in the mid 800s at this point in time. Being with Ash allowed him to challenge trainers and Goh was able to break into the top 1000. Ash knew that the top trainers in the world were competing, which was part of the reason he wanted to come to MT Silver, to train all sides of his battling persona. Goh of course was amazed by this determination and adopted a similar training regime.

Present Moment

'Ash, are you and Goh finished for today?' Chloe called out to the two teenage trainers, who were training. 

'Yeah, we're finished.' Ash shouted back.

'You're in serious shape Ash.' Goh commented.

'The recent training has pushed me further.' Ash replied.

Chloe handed the two teens their bottles to drink from. The three then made themselves some food.

1 hour later.

Ash heads to the edge of a waterfall and looked down at the water below. Being isolated for about a week was not something Ash enjoyed. Ash is all about battling but as he is now older than he had been on his previous Journey's, he's more inclined to stick with his friends. Suddenly, Goh joins him near the waterfall, seeing his friend contemplating some things. 

'Ash, what has you out at this time?' Goh asked his friend.

'Well, I'm nervous about the finals. Nervous about letting everyone down.' Ash replied.

'I feel as though you aren't telling me everything' Goh said concerned for his friend.

'Well, I guess.' Ash mumbled.

'It's about that Serena girl, isn't it. Look, Ash, you're one of the best trainers on the planet and you have a personality that leaves nothing more to be desired, and judging by what you've told me, you've pretty much already attracted her to you. Give both of you time.' Goh replied.