Ocean of Lies

No one's Pov

It was a cloudy day in Kanto, it was day three of the World Coronation Series finals. Ash had recently beaten his old friend, Ritchie. He had taken the day off training, mostly because he needed to switch off, so he could concentrate on training the next day, in preparation for his next match which was to be against Marnie, from Galar. If he were to win that battle, he'd be against his childhood friend, current travelling companion, turned rival, Goh. 

However, he hadn't had time to think about all of that. He was of course, proud of his victory the day before. For Ash, his thoughts as they had most often done recently, turned to a honey-blonde girl. He remembered when they met again briefly after a few years, as he was boarding a boat away from Hoenn. Her eyes sparkled in the sunset, they lit up his. That connection was different to him, he knew what he felt for her, he was no longer dense like he was in his youth. He was technically an adult now. He was fighting to be the World Monarch. The strongest trainer in the world. However, his goals went beyond that, his other goal was the honey-blonde. He reminisced once more to that encounter in Hoenn.

Flashback

'Ash!' She screamed out in shock, as he ran past her. She had realised her former travelling companion had completely blazed past her. She knew what he was like, always in a rush for his next adventure.

 'Serena!' Ash responded, in glee, turning around to meet the gaze of his childhood friend/crush.  He ran down to the bottom of the steps.

'It's been so long' She exclaimed.

'How are you doing?' Ash asked.

'Yeah I've been doing great' She responded.

Soon the boat started to depart. Neither wanted to be torn from each other any longer, but both knew that they had their own dreams to pursue.

'I'm competing in the world championships right now, trying to become the best battler in the world.' Ash shouted out to Serena

'I'm taking part in contests live. If you're going to be the best, I'll aim to be the best performer too.' She shouted out in response, still keeping connection with Ash's eyes.

'Let's both do our best.' Ash shouted to Serena.

'Yeah I will!' She replied.

'Me too, see you again!' Ash shouted to her, as the boat departed.

Even as the boat got further and further away, their eyes never left each other's gaze. The spark was real, and was as electric as the electricity produced from the legendary Pokemon, Zekrom.

As the boat was far out at sea and still a way away from its destination, he headed to the opposite balcony of the boat. It had gotten late, so, Goh and Chloe had left to their rooms on the boat. Ash, however, stood over the balcony. Seeing Serena again, filled him with joy, but the separation, it hurt him a lot. He was still unsure about a lot of things in life. His face grew red, just thinking about her. She was becoming a more attractive woman for him, but to him, she was always the most attractive girl in the world. He yearned to see her again, he wanted to win the World Coronation Series, and be the strongest trainer in the world, to ultimately be a Pokemon Master, for her.

Present

'Taking a day off training, isn't your speciality Ashy-boy, and I know only one reason why you would do so.' A familiar voice from behind Ash said.

'It's nothing Gary.' Ash responded.

'Ash, we've been friends since we were super young, like diaper age. You cannot look me in the eyes and tell me that you are not taking a day off, solely to think about Serena.' Gary stated, calling Ash out on a blatant lie.