Reunited

Indigo Plateau - World Coronation Series - Opening Ceremony.

Third Person Pov.

The day had arrived, the World Coronation Series was finally beginning. Many trainers had flocked to attend the opening ceremony of the World Coronation Series. An exclusive set of trainers including the 1000 trainers who qualified for the finals, were invited to a special event, which included the draw for the First Round.

Among the trainers was Ash Ketchum, who was in his room, with Diantha trying her hardest to make Ash presentable for the fancy ceremony.

'Do I really have to dress up this much for the opening ceremony of the World Coronation Series? My hair is fine anyways, it's naturally ok.' Ash complained to no avail.

'The dress code is formal, Ash, and if you want to make a good impression to everyone, you have to make an effort to look decent. Plus you don't want Serena thinking you're lazy and unable to dress formally, now do you?' Diantha responded, still trying to get Ash's hair into shape.

'But I'm a champion, I should be allowed to dress the way I want.' Ash whined once more.

'If that were the case, then trust me, a champion would likely abuse it and just wear no clothes at all, which would get you a meeting with Officer Jenny, which no one wants in that situation.' Diantha replied, trying to convince Ash. 

'I really don't like this, I'm more of a battler than someone who attends formal events.' Ash complained again

'Get used to this, being a champion involves a lot of this.' Diantha replied.

'Fine, just because I'll be doing these things from now on as a champion, doesn't mean I'll enjoy them' Ash resigned.

'Not many champions enjoy the usual events. Boring meetings are loathed by every champion. I remember Leon telling me how he had to meet several farmers and was absolutely bored out of his mind.' Diantha said.

'So nobody really enjoys them. Probably except Steven, actually scratch that, I'm lying, he probably doesn't enjoy them either.' Ash commented.

'Lance is the most boring of all the champions. He's too detail orientated and he was so interested in our family, he's honestly a bit of a creep. To be honest the most interesting champion is Cynthia because hardly anyone knows much about her personal life.' Diantha stated.

'Cynthia never told me much about her when we met all the way back in Sinnoh.' Ash said.

'I've never really seen her speak of any relationships. I'm pretty good friends with her, to be honest.' Diantha replied.

'I guess we could talk to her at the ceremony. Would be good to mingle with people for once.' Ash said.

'You're in for a real surprise.' Diantha muttered.

'What was that?' Ash asked.

'Nothing at all.' Diantha responded innocently.

'My hair is fine right?' Ash asked.

'It's in an adequate shape. I'm not a professional hairdresser.' Diantha replied.

'My suit is also ok I think. Surely though you need to change too, cousin?' Ash stated.

'I'm sure some of your friends will be along soon. I'll see myself getting changed into a fancier outfit.' Diantha responded before heading out of the room to her own room.