that's why i keep on running

chapter 13

You sighed placing your outdoor shoes in your locker

You sighed placing your outdoor shoes in your locker. You were now in the last year of your middle school. The bullying has kind of reduced now you didn't know why and how. You didn't care. As long as they don't interfere with you , you're good being alone. 

Since it was a new year , a transfer student was sitting next to you. There were still few rumors about you but the girl was busy wanting to be your friend. You declined and tried to push her away but she always sticks to you like a glue. It's been a week since you've known her. 

"Good morning! kid." A tall lean figure leaned beside your locker as their hand patted your head. "Kazama senpai.." you mumbled , looking at the tall male who smiled at you. You wondered why he was here instead of his building and maybe he knew what you were thinking. 

"I was just wondering if you like soccer?" the long haired blonde asked you. You shook your head. "I know the rules since we had PE , never played." you answered honestly. You never watched a football game too. 

Kazama Jin invites you to play futsal because their team is lacking a player. You pursed your lip because you didn't even know how to kick that heavy ball towards the goal without tripping. You didn't want to disappoint him so you just nodded.  

"thanks kid! you're a life saver." he smiled patting your head again. "After school , let's see each other near the club area yeah?" he said walking away. You looked at him back and placed your hand on top of your head where he patted you always. 

Wanting to now go alone , you took the new transfer classmate , Ai

Wanting to now go alone , you took the new transfer classmate , Ai. She has a big mouth and didn't shut up until your reached the place. "The turf looks perfect..." your gawked at the football field. "Woah.." Ai mumbled. 

"I see you bought a friend here." Kazama smiled patting your head again making you look down in embarrassment. Ai just smiled and waved at Kazama not being disrespectful. "Here ,  you can have these.." he gave you his sports shoe.