Chapter 38: "Any port in a storm"

Start from the beginning

"I'm too close to her; her scent drives me crazy," he pants hard." I need out, or I may try to hurt her."

He doesn't have to say it twice, I pull over, and he jumps out of the car; we are still far away, but I'm sure he won't have any problems taking care of himself. Now I must get Pearl home as fast as possible; I must do it.

Another hour later, Pearl's state gets worse, she is so red, and her hair is wet because of sweat; Ivory is holding her looking scared.

"Fuck, Fuck," Danny swears after phoning Aunty Mae to notify her why we are coming home quicker than was planned. I don't dare to ask, but it's evident that something is wrong.

"We have a problem; the Howl Pack was attacked today by the big group of rogues. Everything is fine now, Alexa and Natasha managed to control the situation, and most rogues died, but some can still be close scattered around. So Aunty Mae advised us to go home a bit around because it would be safer but with Pearl like that."

Fuck, we are close to home now. If I listen to Aunty Mae, it will take much longer, and according to Danny, Pearl's scent intensifies, and it's not good, but if we go directly home, we risk getting attacked is big and...

Pearl suddenly screams so loud, and to my utmost surprise, she attacks Ivory pushing her onto my car seat, Ivory falls at me, and I lose control moving the car's wheel to the left, and we fall off the road. I try to get control over the vehicle. Unfortunately, the girls struggling in the backseat don't make it easy.

The cars stopped, and I managed to push the brake; the impact was big, and the airbag saved me and Danny, but that's when Pearl opened the door and started running fast into the wood. Because of the airbag and seatbelt, I can run after her as fast as I want.

Ivory is quicker as she runs after her sister. Thankfully Pearl can't run too long as she suddenly falls and curls screaming in pain. We manage to get to her, and my hands shake because I have no idea what to do. This is not something I know how to handle, and the circumstances are dire.

The car is broken, and we can't go home on foot. So if any wolf attacks us, we have no chance.

"Her scent can attract others," Danny says. "We must find a shelter, somewhere to block her scent!"

I think I know this region very well, so...

"Couple miles south, there is the now closed constriction site of the mine with some buildings. We can break in; I'm sure there are no security cameras. It was too expensive for the mine management." I say, "Ivory, you will shift and carry your sister; I must go back to the car to take my guns. We must move quickly."

And so we do; Danny is riding on Ivory because Pearl cannot sit without support and, from time to time, also tries to break free. Her instincts also push her to have sex very strongly. He has to hold her firm, but thankfully she doesn't have the strength to fight him.

But we move; we move to our destination. It's been years since I took part in hunting in the woods, but I still remember how to do it; there is only one difference, this time, I'm a prey, not a hunter.

The moment I see the rusty fence of the abandoned site, with some portacabin buildings. Just a bit more, and we should be safe, and that's when we all hear howling, and in the distance behind us,  I see figures moving fast in our direction.

Ivory sprints toward the buildings and destroys the fence to get in.

"Danny, into the building, now," I scream, kneeling near the fence and starting to prepare my gun. They run fast, but I'm a perfect sniper; if I do it right, I can get rid of them. I put my look to the back-sight and wait; my breathing stabilizes. I'm nervous, but my body instantly gets into a well-known drill. Then, for a moment, I hesitate; what if they are from the Howl Pack?