Chapter 36

5 years later

All their planning had paid off. The Neverseen had gone down. Just one last person left of them. 

Sophie was sure that there would be more rebels in future. But they would be there. The Neverseen were over, though. Gethen was gone, Ruy was gone, Umber was gone, Fronisa was gone, Vespera was gone...

Now who did that leave?

Lady Gisela. Team Valiant and everyone else had planned for almost a year to take her down. Gisela had gone into hiding, and Trix  (before being shipped off to prison) had told them.  He had never wanted to join the Neverseen, but Sophie couldn't forgive him.

She was in the storehouse where Sophie set the fire. 

Callista (Glimmer), Sophie, Maruca, Marella and Keefe made their way to the storehouse. Keefe wasn't really needed, but it was his mum. He should be there.

"I'll finish her off this time." He said.

"Chill out, Keefe." Sophie nudged him. "She's your mum!"

"Not in any way that matters!" He replied.

"Bro." Maruca said. "We're much stronger. We have been training for almost ten years!"

"We'll take her down." Callista said.

They reached the storehouse, after Sophie almost tripped off the rainbow bridge (Keefe had caught her, saying "Falling for me, huh?) . They reached the gateway.

"Wow." Sophie said. 

The storehouse wasn't any different, but it felt so strange to be back. It had been five years, after all. There were still piles of ash here and there, and Sophie saw something. Something that made her smile.

"My Moonlark." She gasped. 

It was still there. Sophie thought Lady Gisela had removed it. It was proof, that she had once taken charge. That she had started this, and was going to end it.

"Walked down memory lane yet?" 

Lady Gisela hissed in her cold, stone voice. 

"You know why we're here." Keefe said shortly. 

"I do, son. But you won't leave happy. What makes you think I'll surrender, like the rest of those weak ones?"

"I'm not your son." Keefe spat.

"Keefe. Calm down." Sophie whispered, patting his shoulder comfortingly. 

"Anyway, I can just Mesmer you to fall off the bridge. You know that, right?" Gisela chuckled.

"You would have done so already. But we're with Keefe, and Maruca  is covering us with a force field. So no." Callista smirked.

"Glimmer. You're just with them to skip the sentence." Gisela smiled. "Adapting to your needs. I get it."

"You're gonna have to adapt to your prison cell." Marella replied. 

"Do what you want, then -" Gisela held up her hands. 

Sophie inflicted on her immediately. She had been spying on Gisela's thoughts the entire time, and had learnt shocking things. 

Lady Gisela actually loved Keefe. That's why she had been so lenient. And she knew she deserved her sentence.

Wow. 

"I hope the Moonlark loves Keefe more than I ever did." Lady Gisela had been thinking. 

Sophie had been so taken aback.

"Foster? You're getting pale." Keefe noticed. 

Sophie blinked. She saw Gisela hunched over on the floor.

"Your mum." She said. 

He nodded, and went to Lady Gisela's side.

"Mom. All I can say is you deserve this."

"And - and you deserve her." Gisela sputtered out, before closing her eyes. 

She was gone

And Keefe broke down.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day, everyone was at Havenfield to celebrate. The hearing had been that morning, and Gisela had been sent to prison, with her teammates. 

It was the end, and everyone remembered how they had spent their life for the past ten years. The kids weren't kids anymore; Sophie was 22. 

At last, the normal life that had been so out of reach was in her hands. All she had to do was live it. She would still be the elf with 5 abilities, but she had her friends. She had Keefe.

That was all she needed.

While everyone enjoyed the food, including Calla's stark flower stew (which Sophie and Flori had made together), Sophie and Keefe snuck out to the Panakes tree.

"Calla. Your sacrifice is worth it now." Sophie ran her hands along the bark of the tree. There was a slight wind, and Sophie's tunic fluttered slightly.

Keefe was looking at her intensely.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to chat with you one on one." He said, then went closer. 

Sophie smiled. 

All of a sudden, Keefe stopped. Then, he kneeled down.

"I can't call you Foster anymore, Sophie." He said.

"Why?" She asked, feeling nervous. She felt like she knew where this was going.

"Because, if all goes well, your last name might be Sencen." He pulled out a ring.

Sophie gasped.

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, YES!" She put the ring on.

Keefe got up, and the two hugged. Then, they kissed, the feeling light as a feather.

"OMG I KNEW IT!!!!!" Biana appeared out of thin air.

"Biana!" Sophie cried. 

"You spied on us?"

"Of course, Ms. Sencen." She laughed at her own joke. "I'm so planning your wedding."

Hey guys! This is my longest chapter yet. My final one will be the wedding. Please give dress suggestions!

QOTC: Ship everyone in kotlc, but you can only do one person once (so you can't do sokeefe and Kam)

My list:

Sokeefe

 Dexiana

 Marellinh

Tamaruca(not really, just cuz i need to ship everyone)

Fitz x loneliness.

Bye!

Aanya