Chapter 25

Right when he got off her, Fitz and the others entered the room. They hadn't seen anything, thank goodness. 

'Right, is everyone here?' Sophie asked.

Tam nodded, then stepped back into the shadows. 

'Okay, I think we need a plan. Callista told us that Biana is probably at the Foxfire hideout. One team on that.' Sophie said.

'I'll go.' Fitz volunteered.

'I can keep us covered.' Tam offered.

'And, I can shield us!' Maruca said.

'Perfect! That leaves me, Sophie, Keefe, Dex and Marella.' Linh counted.

'We should hit the scrolls we got from the hideout.' Sophie told Keefe.

'NO!!!! NO READING!!!'

'Keefe, photographic memory!' Dex said.

'So that leaves me, Dex and Marella.' Said Linh.

'You guys... um... find out more from Callista.' Sophie said.

'Actually, I think we should go to Callista.' Fitz said. She can give us directions.

'So... Dex and Marella help us with scrolls!' Keefe said.

'Sure...' 

The group agreed, and split up.

SOPHIE, KEEFE, DEX, MARELLA

They leapt to Solreef together. Tiergan was apparently not home, and Wylie answered the door. 

'Hey. What's up?' 

'We came to check out the loot from the storehouse.' Dex said.

'I'll help you.' Wylie sighed. 'It's not like I've got anything else to do.'

They made their way to Solreef's library, where are the things were kept. But suddenly, Keefe stopped. 

'Foster.' He turned to her. 

'You need to enhance me.'

Sophie gasped. 'Keefe! Last time I did that, you almost...'

She didn't need to finish the sentence.

'Trust me on this, Sophie.' Keefe pleaded. 'I can... sense something again. It's close. In the library.'

She sighed, and turned of her enhancing.

Click

'Whoa, I forgot how dizzying that was.' He said, between breaths.

'I can sense guilt, and the general sneaky emotions.' 

Sophie looked at the others.

'IT'S THE NEVERSEEN!' Sophie yelled. 

Telepathically.

What?! The other people's brains shouted.

They came to retrieve their missing things. Sophie explained.

How did they know? Dex asked.

Marella sighed. GLIMMER! Obviously she's the mole. She lived here, and got the stuff with you, didn't she?

Sophie turned red.

So they shouldn't have trusted Glimmer at all. She was only in it to retrieve her things.

Yeah. She was with us. She admitted.

'Hold up.' Wylie said out loud. 'I hear footsteps.'

'The footsteps you hear are mine.' A terrible, raspy voice called out. One that paled Sophie and Dex. A reminder of their kidnapped days.

Gethen.

I am SO SORRY guys for not updating! I live in Singapore, and it was Chinese New Year, even though I'm not Chinese. We had to visit someone for a while and I had no devices.

QOTC: What is the best kotlc book?

Answer for me: Stellarlune. If you read it (especially Chapter 42) You'll know why...

Aanya