Chapter 30

The next day rolled around and it was woken up by the sound of rain falling down like tears from the grey sky.

I did my usual morning routine and ate my breakfast, I had absolutely nothing to do on that day but instead I decided to focus on my writing.

I was in my study for majority of the day, I always enjoyed writing whilst it rained outside. I always receive tons of motivation and new ideas whenever it rained.

Rain was my go-to resource for motivation whenever it came to my writing, however on that particular day it consisted with a rollercoaster with emotions.

Starting from writing the last chapter of my book which resulted in the hero dying a tragic death. The hero in the book was just an ordinary man who was in love with his childhood crush who died to protect her from a serial killer.

Writing that chapter alone made me feel extremely bad for not only the male character but his childhood crush because he died without getting to tell her how he felt about her.

When I was done writing I took a break, I decided to pace around the study while taking in deep breaths. Finishing a book was such a relief but also a sad thing because I no longer get to be in a particular character's head and immerse myself in their world.

As I kept pacing I thought about the conversation I had with Taehyung last night, deep down I wanted to work things out between us. I couldn't be mad at him or anything since I didn't have any reason.

But what made me feel emotional and heartbroken was the fact that he denied our child knowing the truth behind it. He probably thought it was part of his game plan but for me it didn't, it hurt me.

He was also in a relationship before he met me and pretended as if he was never in love before but he did explain that when it came between me and his ex girlfriend, he fell harder for me.

I loved Taehyung with all of my heart despite all the heartbreak I endured, I just didn't know if I was willing to continue.

As I was pacing I heard the door pushed open, I turned around and it was the maid. Great timing.

"I really need to talk to you." I blurted out, I approached her and grabbed her by the hand and pulled her towards the couch and sat down.

"What's going on my child? She asked.

I explained the conversation I had with Taehyung the night before. From the beginning of the process of the marriage till the day Hajoon came back to the house and started to manipulate both me and Taehyung.

She didn't respond at all, she just continued to listen. I expressed how I truly felt about the situation and how I didn't know if I wanted to continue with the marriage.

Funny enough, I wasn't feeling emotional like the night before. I was just talking without being fully aware of my emotions in that moment.

"I completely understand where you are coming from, but in order for you to fully know what you want I just need you to answer this question." She said with a stern look on her face.

I agreed, not knowing what the question would be.

"If you leave Taehyung, do you think he'll go back to Jennie?" She questioned.

I was silent, it was like my gut was telling me that could be the possibility if I back away.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." I answered.

"What are you going to do about it?" She asked.

"Fight, fight for our marriage... for our love especially." I answered with such enthusiasm.

"The what if I tell you that Taehyung is planning to go back to Jennie?" My eyes widened, a knot was formed in my stomach.

My throat went dry and I was unable to speak, it was like a something was pressed against my neck preventing me from talking.

"It can't be... You're kidding right?" I questioned while my voice cracked.

"You said you wanted to fight for the marriage, do so." She responded.

I got up and searched for Taehyung around the house, there was no way he was going back to her. I loved Taehyung, he loved me too. We can't divorce so soon.

Alas I found him walking around the backyard, "Yah! Kim Taehyung!" I yelled out his name.

He quickly turned around, I ran towards him and tackled him down to the ground. I then sat on his chest.

"You're not leaving me for Jennie, do you understand? You're mine! Mine!" I began slapping his chest.

"Wait! Please stop hitting!" I stopped hitting him and got off his chest.

He sat up and rubbed his chest, "what was that for?" He asked.

"Jennie? Her? Really?" I inquired.

A grin appeared on his face, "you're jealous huh?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and walked away, "wait! I was just joking! Yuri!"

I continued walking, after a few seconds a felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to them.

"Let me go, before I'll push you inside the pool." I threatened him.

"I don't care, you're not going anywhere." He assured me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

He let go of me and turned me around to face him, he explained that he was just joking about it and he wanted the made to tell me in order to get me to talk to him.

"You made me panic for nothing." I fumed.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted you to talk to me. I didn't like how things resulted last night." He said while gently squeezing my cheeks.

"I came to a conclusion, I thought of a way forward between us."

I explained how I felt about the marriage and about him in general, I tried to not be emotional about it but it was hard as I kept holding tears back from time to time.

I could tell by Taehyung's facial expression that he was anticipating an answer out of me while expecting the answer that would either make or break the marriage.

"Just tell me, Yuri. Do you want us to continue or not." He blurted out while I was getting to the point.

"I want us to continue only if Jennie is completely out of the picture." I snapped.

He didn't respond immediately, instead he stared at me. I rolled my eyes and stepped back, "I knew you still loved her."

"No I don't, I honestly don't. I only love you and you only." He answered. He approached me and held both of my hands.

"I honestly love and adore you, Yuri. I never fell so hard for someone like this before. You make me happy even though you don't notice it."

He continued to go on about his feelings for me, hearing him confess and be vulnerable felt like a stepping stone for the both of us.

"And that is why I want to be with you forever because I will always love you."

I found myself beginning to tear up which resulted in tears streaming down my face. Luckily the rain stopped for sometime because if it did rain, it would feel like a competition.

"Forever?" I asked.

"Always and Forever." He leaned forward and kissed me.

THE END