Chapter 3

Few hours went by and I was done cooking. I made my way outside and I saw Taehyung and his friends seated on the grass having a lively conversation.

I looked up at the sky, clouds were scattered across the sky. The sun was slowly setting down behind a mountain, the clouds formed into different sorts of images. I found myself smiling while looking up at the sky, what made me smile even more was seeing a cloud form into a heart.

"Mrs Kim, come join us!" I looked back at the guys and I noticed that Taehyung and his friends were already looking at me. I approached them and sat down next to Taehyung, his friends took turns to ask me questions about myself. This was the perfect opportunity for Taehyung to know about me although he never asked me to talk about myself.

"What do you do? Work wise." Namjoon asked. I told him that I was an author and I published 2 books so far. He asked what was my pen name and I told him that my pen name was Choi Hana.

"Choi Hana? Did you write the book 'The Demon Yoko'?" Namjoon asked, I realized that he read one of my books. I felt honoured in that moment. I nodded which made him gasp.

"You actually wrote that book? Woah!" He then turned his attention to Taehyung, "your wife is an amazing writer." I looked at Taehyung and I caught him blushing which made all of his friends laugh.

"What's the backstory behind the book? Did you actually go to Japan and experience those things?" Namjoon asked, I found it interesting that he was so eager to know more about my book. Despite the book getting so many good reviews, no one actually cared to know if it was a true story.

"Well actually I did go to Japan with a friend, this was way before I decided to write books. I had a journal and so every day I would jot down what happened." I continued to explain the story, everyone looked interested in what I had to say. Surprisingly, Taehyung also seemed interested.

Apparently the apartment that we chose to live in was once occupied by a young woman called Nakamura Yoko, she used to work at a bathhouse that was owned by a strange old man. One day she visited a monk, I wasn't precise to why she went to the monk but ever since after the first visit she would constantly go back to see him.

Soon after they were involved in a romantic relationship but in secret, no one knew about it.

Yoko was then murdered by someone rumoured to be the monk because of jealousy. Her spirit wasn't settled and she wasn't at peace, she decided to torture the monk until he couldn't handle it any longer. He asked her what he should do to satisfy her and she wanted him and the bathhouse owner to sacrifice young girls at the place she was murdered which at the sauna in the bathhouse.

As I explained the myth behind the whole concept of the book, Namjoon and his friends were left speechless. I found myself laughing at their facial expressions, it was such a priceless moment.

"I'm... Shocked. So how did it..."

"I'm not done explaining, Namjoon." I continued where I left off.

The apartment room we lived in was the apartment room of Yoko, whenever we were asleep at night we always felt a strong presence with us. It was almost as if someone was in the room with us.

One day we decided to go to the bathhouse that was close to the apartment complex, we entered and paid for the things we needed. As I was in the shower, my friend Lisa decided to use the sauna.

As I showered I heard Lisa scream hysterically, I then heard footsteps running towards my direction. Lisa looked distraught as if she saw something that terrified her.

She asked to leave and without asking questions I stopped showering and left with her. We reached to our apartment complex and walked upstairs to our room, she sat on the bed and kept on repeating the the name that I didn't believe after that situation.