Chapter 9

Yuri's POV

I entered the living room with a big grin on my face, I wasn't aware of what was going on around me. All that was lingering on my mind was Taehyung and only him.

"Yuri? Why are you still wearing your night gown?" The maid asked with such radiant curiosity, I didn't realize that I didn't change into the dress that I picked out from the wardrobe. It wasn't my fault that heard Taehyung talking to himself about how desperate he wanted to kiss me.

I approached the maid and gave her a big bear hug which obviously caught her off guard, I broke away from the hug and started skipping around the dining table whilst giggling like a little girl picking flowers in the fields.

"Today is a wonderful day I must say." I stated cheerfully as I twirled across the living room, I constantly bragged about how lovely my marriage was and how Taehyung was the most loveliest man to ever exist. As I continued to twirl I bumped into someone, I was dizzy which prevented me from knowing who I was bumped into.

"Careful there dear wife."

I immediately stood upright and looked at the person behind me, it was Taehyung looking at me with his ruthless and intimidating eyes. Wife? Since when he called me that? I looked at him dumbfounded and confused, he then smiled at me which he never did before. It was strange seeing him smile since I was so used to his frown.

That was my first time seeing him smile, I was automatically in awe at how beautiful he looked when he smiled. It was like looking at an artwork that made me want to ask the owner of the art museum if I could purchase that particular artwork because of how beautiful and magnificent it looked. I found myself staring at him, not realizing that I was probably making him uncomfortable.

"What's wrong? You don't like the way I call you wife?" He asked. I snapped out of the trance, I cleared my throat and swallowed the saliva that was already formed in my mouth.

"No not at all, I'm just not used to you being..." I paused, I didn't want him to think that I saw him as a rude and dismissive person. He insisted that I should finish my sentence which I did.

He probably realized how he treated me in the marriage after hearing me finish my sentence, he held my hand and kissed it thereafter. "I'm sorry, I'm not really used to... This. You're an amazing person Yuri but-" he paused. If he dared to not finish his sentence I would've been furious.

"Tell me, speak up Taehyung." I demanded without sounding aggressive.  He looked down at his feet and sighed, breaking eye contact with me.

"I never experienced love before." He then looked up at me, "please take your time with me? And of course be gentle." He asked. I found myself on the verge of tearing up just by hearing his plea to be gentle with him and to take my time. I was glad that he was starting to slowly loosen up.

"I will, even if it means you still being cold towards me at times. I'll still wait for you." I assured him. A smile emerged, he pulled me in for a hug. Without thinking about anything else I hugged him back, I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer.

We stayed in that position without finally realizing that the maid was watching us, "you two are perfect together." We both immediately stopped hugging and turned to look at the maid, I cleared my throat and Taehyung was scratching the back of his neck.

She chuckled at our immediate reaction, "he will eventually come around, just take care of his mind." She winked at me and made her way to the kitchen, I was left confused. What did she mean by "take care of his mind?" Was he mentally unstable or something?

I turned to look at Taehyung, "are you a psychopath?" I asked, his reaction was priceless. He looked as if he saw a ghost emerging behind me.

"No I'm not." He answered, well then I got my answer. I kissed him on the cheek and walked back upstairs to change into the dress I picked.

***

Hours passed by and it was during the afternoon, majority of the day I was working on a book I was working on which took up most of my morning because of the numerous times I had to rethink about the certain topic I mentioned in the book.

I decided to take a break which led me to the idea of going downstairs to talk to the maid. She was cleaning the kitchen, I sat on the kitchen counter and I struck up conversations with her. She didn't seem to mind since she would respond back and also come up with more conversations.

Talking to her about myself including my interests especially my writing career really made me feel as if I was talking to my best friend because of the way she would look so interested in what I had to say.

Hearing her wanting to know more about why I decided to be an author, the struggles I went through and how I managed to have a comeback really gave me the impression of how invested she was in knowing more about my author journey.

Taehyung would try to eavesdrop at times but the maid would notice and scolded him which was hilarious to see, hearing his excuses made it even more hilarious to hear.

We then had a conversation about how I felt for Taehyung and honestly it was a conversation that I didn't really want to have because I felt as if I was extremely lovestruck and it honestly made it feel weird.

"Do you love him?" She asked while wiping the counter. I sighed as I was contemplating about whether to tell her the truth or not, she noticed the silence. She stopped wiping the counter and turned to me, "please be honest Yuri, be honest with not with me but with yourself."

She was right, I had to be honest about how I truly felt, "I do actually love him. But he keeps giving me mixed signals which frustrates me all the time." I answered. She approached me and held my hand.

"He has never experienced love like that before, everything seems new and overwhelming to him. Allow him to adjust, Yuri." I sat there, wondering if she knew more about him. I was curious about him, he was such a mysterious person. He never spoke about himself at all which always developed more and more curiosity.

"Can you please tell me more about him? Like how he is, what does he like, his family perhaps?" She didn't seem hesitant, she looked as if she was willing to talk about him which she did.

Taehyung grew up in a poor family with 3 siblings, he was the oldest. His relationship with his father was always rocky which made him slowly drift away, his mother would show him attention and affection but that only lasted until he started high school.

His mother hardly spoke to him, till today he still didn't know why. Taehyung felt as if his parents didn't seem to care about him at all, he felt even more isolated from them.

"He would always come and talk to me about everything, he even saw me as his mother." Wait, she was his nanny during his younger days? No wonder I would always see him talk to her as if he had known her since forever. I was flabbergasted.

"Do you think he likes me as well?" I questioned, she smiled at me. The same smile that made my world seem at peace and light up.

"You will find out the truth." She planted a kiss on my forehead before continuing with what she had to do.

I was desperate to know the truth, did he also have feelings for me? Or was he just pretending just to make me feel better?

I honestly didn't know what to believe.

A/N
helloww, I'm back with another chapter. Please vote if you enjoyed it, I'm feeling much better and I'm ready to continue writing. I'm sorry for being gone for some time but I'm finally back :)

 I'm sorry for being gone for some time but I'm finally back :)