Chapter 5

Hours passed by and i was still stuck in the study, I was extremely focused on catching up on my book since I didn't write anything at all for a month.

The maid would bring meals for me to eat in the study since she noticed that I wasn't coming downstairs at all. Taehyung never set foot in the study ever since he asked me that stupid question.

I was honestly bothered at the fact that he was cold towards me for a month, he hardly took interested in getting to know me, he never voiced out his concerns and worries.

I understood that he didn't know me at all and we were just strangers but he could've told me about the things that he didn't like.

For a month I tried to show how much I cared for him and I was willing to make this marriage comfortable as possible but he always shut me down and was always cold towards me. I honestly didn't understand why.

I decided to take a nap, I left the study and made my way to the bedroom. Taehyung was laying on the bed while his right arm was covering his eyes.

He looked as if he was blocking the sun's rays from burning his eyes, I made my way to the other side of the bed. As I was about to lay down I heard him sob, I turned to look at him in pure concern.

"Tae? Are you okay?" I asked. He didn't respond to my question. I crawled closer to him, I then leaned forward and kissed him on his forehead.

"Everything is going to be okay." I assured him, I stayed laying close to him. I gently massaged his scalp while playing with his hair at times.

"Lay on my chest." I insisted, he removed his hand off his face. He moved closer to me and rested his head on my chest. I continued to massage his scalp while still playing with his hair at times.

A few minutes went by and I heard him snore, I think he fell asleep because of the head massage. I too fell off to sleep with him.

***

Taehyung's POV

I woke up after the long unexpected nap I took. I realized that I slept on Yuri's chest, I got up from the bed and made my way downstairs but something told me to go back upstairs to the bedroom. I noticed that my friends didn't come back from the mall yet, I then made my way upstairs to the bedroom.

I stood by the doorway, seeing her sleep was such an interesting sight to see, she looked so peaceful. I honestly felt bad for treating her in a dismissive and cold way I honestly don't want to give in yet.

She may be a sweet, kind and considerate person but this whole thing seems new to me. She's still a stranger, she could have other intentions. I know for a fact that by me being model and I'm wealthy, I always thought that she would one day take advantage.

When she held my face I was really stunned by that action, no one has ever done that to me before other than my mother. But a woman like Yuri? Not even once.

I saw her slightly moved and I quickly tip toed to the balcony. I didn't want her to see me, "Tae? Where did he go?" I heard her question herself. She finally woke up.

I took a deep breath and walked back into the bedroom, I walked past her until she stopped me. "Tae? Can I ask you something?" She asked. I stopped in my tracks, I turned to face her.

"Why were you crying? Or should I say sobbing?" I felt my body heating up, I completely forgot that she saw me sob right before we went to sleep. I wanted to tell her the truth but I honestly didn't want to at all, I didn't want her to think that I had issues of my own.

"I thought about that nightmare I had last night." I answered before walking out the bedroom. I made my way to the bathroom and got in, I locked the door behind me. I leaned on the sink while staring at myself in the mirror.

I kept thinking about how I wanted her to make me feel loved but I was scared at what my friends told me, that I wouldn't ever be loved because of my arrogance and my idiotic behavior.

Am I really unworthy of love?

***

Yuri's POV

I walked downstairs to the kitchen, I opened the fridge door and took out a bottle of apple juice. I poured myself a glass, as I was about to turn around I saw Taehyung's friend walking inside our house. They probably went somewhere, "Mrs Kim! Where have you been throughout the day?" Namjoon asked.

"Oh sorry boys, I was upstairs catching up on my current book." I explained. They all understood why they didn't see me throughout the day, I wanted to ask them if they said anything that made Taehyung cry but I didn't know if they knew that he cried.

"Yuri? Can we talk to you about Tae?" Jimin questioned. I slightly nodded my head, I made my way to them and I sat on a stool that was by the counter. They all stood in front of the couch looking at me, "did Taehyung tell you what happened?" Jimin questioned.

I shook my head in disapproval, they all looked guilty of something. I demanded an answer out of them until Jin finally spoke up, "we told him something that really angered him." I raised an eyebrow in suspense, what exactly happened?

"We were joking that he was not going to ever be loved because he's an idiot but a very arrogant person... Well he technically knows that he's an idiot but..."

My eyes widened at what Namjoon told me, how could they say that? Was it that the reason why I heard him sob in the bedroom? He was definitely hurt at what they told him.

"Why would you guys joke about something like that?" I asked, I was really disappointed. They all apologized to me and they asked if they could also at least apologize to Taehyung. I wasn't sure if he wanted to see them and if he still wanted to stay over.

"I think it's better if we should leave, we should give him space." Namjoon insisted. They well went upstairs to the bedroom and packed their belongings.

Was it that why he was emotional a few hours ago? But why would he lie and say that he had a nightmare?

***