Chapter 21

As time progressed I was waiting for tomorrow to arrive, I really wanted to get away from Seoul for some time... To get away from my fear.

In order to distract myself I decided to catch up with my book that I was currently working on, I left the bedroom and made my way to the study.

I entered the study, I sat down and proceeded to work, whenever I'm writing I feel like I'm in a safe haven. It's like I'm in the world where all my characters are, I honestly loved my career path.

After some time I wanted to read my book, The Demon Yoko. Once it got published I never had the chance to read it, I was extremely busy with meet and greets, interviews, book signing and interacting with fans. I was also in the process of completing another book and once that book was published, I got married.

I searched for the book across the study and I finally found it. I made my way back to the chair and sat down, I opened the first few pages until I finally reached chapter 1.

Here we go...

~~~

The Demon Yoko

Chapter 1
I felt the presence of death linger in this one room apartment. The presence was hard to digest, I didn't know death had such hard impact.

"Let's take a walk around the area, I'm curious about this place." Anja insisted. I rolled my eyes and got up from the mattress that was on the floor in the corner of the room.

I put on my slippers and left the room with Anja, we walked down the stairs and started with our long, boring walk.

The area had such an eerie feeling to it, the people in this area were either elderly or looked like drug addicts.

We passed by a strange man who was smoking a cigarette, he was wearing a long hoodie with a black cap. He also had on sunglasses, the sun wasn't even out on that day. Weird but I didn't seem to mind him.

We continued with our walk until we saw a vague pathway leading up somewhere, Anja being a curious cat she followed the trial. I followed right behind her.

As we walked we noticed that the place was surrounded my trees and a few flowers, I looked ahead and saw a monk standing at the entrance of some what presumed to be a temple. His hands were clasped together in a praying position.

We slowly approached him, "Aha! Welcome my children, what brings you two here?" He asked.

Me and Anja looked at each other before looking back at the monk, "would you two like to be blessed?" He added.

I hesitantly nodded my head, Anja just blurted out "yes" which was very uncalled for.

Without any warning he shook Anja vigorously which startled the both of us, he then turned to me and starting to shake me. I just stood there confused and uncomfortable.

Was that how monks blessed people?

He then explained if we wanted to seek more blessings from the gods we could come by anytime but with an offering. We both bowed and left the area in a hurry.

We continued with our walk but in utter silence, we both were probably left speechless due to what just transpired.

As we walked we came across certain places that were unusual for a small area such as the one we were residing in. We noticed a bathhouse that was pretty much close to the temple, what I've also noticed and realized that our apartment did not have a bathroom except for the toilet but other than that there was no bathtub nor a shower.

What I've calculated is that if I were to have a shower or take a bath I had to go to the bathhouse. I found that extremely exhausting and inconvenient but what could I say?