40- Two Steps Forward

- Over 4,000 Words. You're welcome -

~Daysia POV~

I thought that Reese getting the closure she needed was going to be good on her conscious and allow her to live her life without feeling bad about leaving her family behind, with Kali as an exception, but she's been in our room and sleeping in all week.

Literally.

"Reesee Cup is still in bed," Klene sigh while leaning against the counter. "I'm getting worried, Kiwi," I mumbled. I put the breakfast on the tray, making sure everything was perfectly placed. "Daysia? Klene?" I hear Reese called in a panic.

I immediately dropped the tray and ran up the stairs. "Reesee Cup?" I called, bursting through the door. I saw her sitting up with her knees to her chest while shaking her head. "Baby," I called, quickly getting in bed. Her body was trembling, and her cries quickly filled our room, breaking my heart all over again.

She lifted her head up, allowing me to see the tears streaming down her cheeks. "I-I," she began, but I shook my head and pulled her to me. "I'm right here, cookie. I'm not going anywhere," I cooed. 

Her arms and legs quickly wrapped around my waist, making me sigh and lift her up. "Bi-Biko..." She whispered. "Igbo?" Klene mumbled. I nodded my head and sat her on the edge of the bed. "Princess, look at me," I whispered, tilting her head up to look at me.

She took a deep breath and finally looked me in my eyes. "I will never abandon you, princess. Me and Klene are here for good," I assured while kissing her tears away. Klene got in bed behind her and kissed her shoulders. "You're stuck with us, baby. You can't leave if you tried," Klene chuckled.

"I'll remind you every morning, afternoon, evening, and night that I will forever be by your side and loving you," I said while pecking her lips after every list of the day. "Ị na-ekwe nkwa?" She sniffled.

"Yes, I promise. If I promised the first time, I would promise the second time," I winked. "You want to go make breakfast with me and Kiwi or go out for breakfast?" I asked, kissing both of her hands.

She took a deep breath and leaned back on Klene. 'I guess I can wait until later before planning the capture of Lucifer.' I hear Klene voice to me. I frowned and looked at her. "Reese comes first," she quickly said before I could tell her to work on Lucifer.

"Come on, baby. Let's get ready," Klene whispered while getting out of bed.
////////////////////

"You enjoying your waffles, princess?" I asked, causing her to glance up at me with her mouth full. She nodded her head and smiled with whip cream on her bottom lip. 

I sat up and leaned across the table. "Let me get that for you," I whispered then sucked on her bottom lip. "Thank you," she blushed before hiding in Klene's shoulder. "I have a mess on my lips too," she said while purposefully putting the whip cream on her lips.

I bit my lip and sent her a smile. I held up my index finger and motioned for her to leaned to me. When she did, I licked her lips before sucking on her bottom lip. "You do know how to turn me on," she whispered against my lips.

We both leaned back in our seat while Reese happily watched and ate her food. "What my girls will be doing today, and it better not be any work," Klene said while squinting her eyes. "I guess we can hang out with some of our friends after Klene do some payments," Reese mumbled.

I stopped chewing my food and looked towards her. "Shay, baby," she laughed. I sucked my teeth and squint my eyes at her. I felt her foot slowly trail up my leg while her eyes change to a brighter color. 'Please, baby?' Ayana