Chapter 9 - Phenex God Pt. 7/10 "Commence Operation: Phenex Ashes"

Start from the beginning

   Though Sekaino didn't stay in place forever, grabbing onto Issei's neck. He saw the boy panic for a split second, as he thrashed within Sekaino's grip. However, his resolve punched through, as Issei twisted his right leg knee first over Sekaino's arm. While spinning around the limb, Issei drove his left calf into Sekaino's temple.

   While the move wouldn't have forced the man to let go, he decided to let the boy go. After all, the two were only training for the first real battle Issei would participate in.

   "BOOST!"

    The two dashed at massively hypersonic speeds, both grabbing onto the other's hands. Issei had a desperate, resilient rage on his face. He didn't view Sekaino as an enemy at the moment, but rather as a challenge.

   Sekaino however, saw something within Issei. The boy clearly had driven within him, whether it was searching for strength or lust for validation, it was pushing him to work, perhaps the boy was worthy of power.

   Though it would take time to see, however just a small amount to boost the boy's strength would do fine.

   Sekaino allowed his energy to flow into Issei's body, the boy should be able to take it in seeing as he has a Sacred Gear. Issei let go of his hold on Sekaino, coughing while holding his chest. He looked over at Sekaino, wondering what he did to him before he fell backward into a restless slumber.

Time Skip

   "Wake up, boy!"

   'Ugh, what happened?' Issei asked himself, opening his eyes slowly. Yet the light seemed blinding, as though he had taken a three-hour nap. The voices calling out to him seemed distant, and foggy, as though he were underwater. He felt light, unreal, and powerful.

   "ISSEI!!"

   "Agh!" Issei cried out, before sighing while stating, "It's just you, Sekaino. What happened?"

   "Took you long enough to wake up. Everyone else came back and tried to kill me believing I had killed you." Sekaino explained, helping him up to his feet. Looking around, Issei saw the rest of Rias' Peerage in front of him, Rias restoring, "It's not my fault you standing over him looked a bit suspicious, especially after yesterday..."

   "Yeah, yeah, I'm a monster. Let's move on." Sekaino ordered, before adding, "To put it simply, I allowed my Heavenly Energy to flow into you. Because humans normally can't, I gave you some of mine to force your body to adapt so that you can."

   "Wait, wait, wait! What the hell would've happened if I didn't adapt?!" Issei asked, Sekaino replying, "You would've died."

   Issei's eyes went wide, Sekaino sighed before stating, "It was a gamble that I took, luckily that Boosted Gear of yours helped you survive the process."

   "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IT WAS A GAMBLE?!" Issei screamed, his stupefied anger apparent. Rolling his eyes, the older man explained, "Look, I need you to have power. Plus you'll need it to compete with the Devils."

   "God dammit, you're lucky you're right." Issei retorted, looking away from Sekaino before asking, "And what the hell happened to me?"

   Clenching his fists, he flexed his muscles, his body noticeably larger than it was before. While he wasn't quite on Sekaino's level, he definitely had mass to him, roughly 20-25 more pounds, while Sekaino still sat 30 pounds above even his new body.

   "Damn, I look good. I'll probably need a new change of clothes though..." Issei commented, Sekaino smirking before stating, "Then you're in luck. While you were sleeping, I went and got you some."