𝟑𝟗

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲:
𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺, 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘖𝘷𝘦𝘳

TW: talk of attempted suicide, and SA just skip to the next line break percy's pov

just skip to the next line break percy's pov

                                                        "It's been a long time, Ivy Henwick."

When her eyes opened, Thanatos was in front of her and Ivy signed. She wasn't dead, which, honestly, was a little disappointing. She thought maybe...Well, it doesn't matter now. She's not dead.

Now, any normal person, if they saw Death, in his beauty, sitting in front of them, they might think they are dead. Which, to be fair, is a valid point. Death equals dead. But, if she were dead, would Death be sitting on a chair on the opposite side of a small table with a light pink tablecloth? No, she didn't think so.

Never will she ever believe Death is ever anything less then beautiful.

His skin was the color of teakwood, dark and glistening like an old séance table. His eyes were honey gold and welcoming. He was lean and muscular, with a regal face and black hair flowing down his shoulders. His wings glimmered in shades of blue, black, and purple.

He leans towards her and pours some tea into a small teacup. It was a dainty, little, white thing, much like the ones from Beauty and the Beast.

"Vivi would say it hasn't been long enough," Ivy said to him casually. She scrunched her nose up at the smell of the tea.

"You still don't like tea, I see," Thanatos said, drinking some of his.

"My mother said you bet I'd live," Ivy went straight to the point. A sharp pain went through her chest. "Why would Death be on my side? I thought you didn't pick sides."

"I don't," Thanatos told her. "After our last encounter, I hoped I would only see you much later, years later. Old and grey, not by your own hand."

Ivy's eyes went to her arm. Her shirt covered it, so do the other many scars she's accumulated. But that one long, rigged scar that followed from the middle of her wrist to the inside of her elbow on both arms.

Only three people alive know what happened. Vivi, Connor, and Travis. She never even told Percy or Ethan and Violet. She was so...embarrassed? Ashamed? Vivi's never forgiven her, but it did help her believe in her God. Only Travis and Connor know why she did it. Not by choice.