𝟐

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼:
𝘊𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘝 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘗𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴

                                                  Percy was showing Vivi and Ivy through New Rome, and it was more beautiful then she had remembered

Percy was showing Vivi and Ivy through New Rome, and it was more beautiful then she had remembered. Plus, she could see Vivi's eyes brighten when Percy told her they have a college here, a way for demigods to have a real life, a safe one. Ivy immediately knew that Vivi was thinking about her and Annabeth.

A part of Ivy felt...jealous. Not so much of Vivi, but the fact she can imagine a future with Annabeth and not be weighed down with what ifs. Even while dating Percy, it was hard for either of them to imagine a future together and not be weighed down with the thought that he might not get one. That didn't mean he didn't, no, Percy has a very vivid imagination. He got stuck after graduating high school, but it was the thought that counted.

It's why Ivy broke up with him. A part of it, anyway. Not because she thought he was going to die, she wouldn't have been surprised if he fought Thanatos and Hades to stay alive. She was afraid she was going to. She still is.

Poison falls in the endless ditch, Pulling light down at a last minute switch.

Eleven months broken up, eight months separated. Ivy still loves him, and that's the part that hurts. She still loves him, she is still in love with him, but she can't be with him. It's not even been a day, yet, she already feels suffocated by the looks he gives that she pretends she doesn't see and the love that's in his every word towards her. It's been eight months since she felt so loved and safe.

She hates it and him.

Except she doesn't, and that's why she does.

"It's Ivy, right?"

Ivy blinked and looked over at the girl—she wants to say Hazel—that appeared next to her. Ivy had about a foot on her, but she could feel the power circulating through the young girl.

"Hazel, yeah?"

The girl smiled and nodded. Ivy looked ahead of her and saw Vivi in between Percy and Frank. Every once in a while she'd see Vivi hit Percy's shoulder softly and point at something, only to say;

"Annie would love that."

"You don't seem like you want to be here," Hazel told her, not questioned.

"And I was worried I was making it obvious enough," Ivy said sarcastically, being to scratch her arms. She saw Hazel gaze at her arms, but she no sooner looked back ahead of her. "Besides, do any of us actually want to be here?"

"I guess you have a point," Hazel nodded. "But you said you aren't part of the seven. You're diplomatic?"

Ivy couldn't help the snort that left her. "I just said that to get the talking dog off my back, no. Annabeth ratted me out to Jackson's mom, so I needed to leave the country."