𝟓

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲:
𝘙𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘋𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵

                                               "She's working here?" Annabeth asked as she walked with Vivi into a small restaurant

                                               "She's working here?" Annabeth asked as she walked with Vivi into a small restaurant. It was a beautiful place. There was paintings of the ocean and beautiful ancient buildings on the light blue walls. There were about sixteen tables they could see from where they were standing. A small restaurant, but pretty.

Vivi laughed a little and glanced at Annabeth. It took everything in her to not reach for her hand. "Yeah, since September if I remember correctly. It's like her twelfth job I'm surprise she's still here actually."

Annabeth turned to look at Vivi with an impressed look, "I had no idea you two were so...close."

"Ivy's a hard one to crack, even when you think you do, you've barely scratched the surface." Vivi said with a shrug.

The host appeared and grabbed two menu's before taking them to a booth in the back. He said they're server would be with them in a few moments.

"How long are you here for?" Annabeth asked, looking at the drinks. "Actually, who are you staying with?"

"A family friend," Vivi shrugged, putting down the menu and looking around the restaurant. "And probably just a few days. I have to go back to celebrate my brother's birthday."

Annabeth looked away from the menu and at Vivi confused. "You have a brother? I mean, like on your mortal side. I thought you were an only child."

"Well, Benji isn't biologically my brother. He's actually not related to me at all, not even step, but my ma took him in after—" Vivi paused, her eyes staying on a cross that hung on the wall behind Annabeth. "Anyway, he's older then me, but it's easier to just say brother then actually explain it. Like I have uncles, aunts, cousins that I have no blood relation to, but we just say it. Is that not normal?"

Annabeth let out a small laugh and shook her head, "Don't ask me. I haven't seen my mortal family, besides my dad, since I was seven. I had a cousin but that's about all I can remember."

"I hated it when it was just me and my ma," Vivi let out a sigh, her eyes landing on Annabeth's grey ones. "Now, I can't imagine having a small family. Mortal family just keeps adopting kids and well, my dad doesn't know how to keep it in his pants."

Annabeth stared at Vivi for a long time, it felt like centuries for her, really. Vivi felt like Annabeth was looking into her soul, like she was trying to find something wrong, and Vivi was scared she might. She's done her best trying to hide it all away.