𝟏𝟕

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻:
𝘐𝘷𝘺 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘴

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻:𝘐𝘷𝘺 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘴

Percy actually couldn't breathe. He was lightheaded and thought he may actually start to cry. It was just a dumb school dance, but his mom and Ivy insisted they had to go.

He was very glad he agreed.

Ivy stood in front of him, her dark black hair with tints of blue in princess curls down her back. Her eyelids were painted like the sky, with the blue sky and clouds, in the corner of her eyes were golden flasks And her dress? Oh gods her dress. It had no sleeves, the top part was a dark blue with gold leaves that fell all the way down the dress. At her waist, the dress lightened from light blue to white, the fabric puffing out like a princess dress.

He's been calling her princess since they were at Circe's Island, but she actually looked like a princess this time.

"Are you going to let me in? It's kinda cold."

Ivy's voice snapped him out of his daze, he pushed the door open wider. "Yeah, yeah, come in."

Ivy lifted her dress and walked inside, the dress shimmered around her as walked in.

"Don't you look handsome," Ivy said softly as he shut the door.

He was wearing blue dress shirt that Paul had. It was a little small, but worked, and just plain black pants, not nearly as dramatic as Ivy, but that's always who she's been. Unapologetically loud and herself, making sure no one could ignore or forget her.

He definitely didn't want to.

"I—You look," Percy couldn't speak. She took that as a compliment and grinned.

"I know!"

His mom came out of her room with Paul. He finally looked away from Ivy and towards his mom, who put her hands over her mouth when she saw Ivy.

"Oh, Ivy," Sally let out a breath. Ivy's grin fell into something softer. Sally stepped towards her and put her hands on Ivy's shoulders. "Oh, you look beautiful, Ivy."

"Thank you, Ms Sally," Ivy said softly.

Sally turned to Percy, "You did tell her she looks beautiful?"

Percy was definitely offended, and a stuttering mess when Ivy turned to him with an accusing look, trying to hold back laughter. Percy turned turned to Paul, who just let out a breath and stepped back.

"Don't look at me, I just help pay rent."

"He did tell me I looked beautiful, Ms Sally," Ivy finally told his mom, deciding he suffered enough. "In his own way."