It was Joseph!

"Please help this child!"

Lyndon and Hanson's faces scrunched up.

Even at a quick glance, the child was not well.

He was about to stop breathing, and a stifling atmosphere descended on the Penin Treatment Center.

***

'Hmm.'

Raymond's face hardened.

"H-how is he, Baronet?"

Raymond did not have an easy answer. He was in a very bad state.

'His condition is very bad. It's not going to be easy.'

The answer was, it would be difficult.

He came too late.

'I don't know even if he came a little bit earlier. He is already in a serious state of shock. Even with an emergency laparotomy, there is a good chance he will die.'

But the earnest look on the father's face as he brought his child to him did not easily leave his mouth.

"Please, Baronet! Save this boy and I will repay you with my life!"

Raymond bit his lip. No matter how much he loved money. As a "healer." He would not be unaffected by this situation.

'I must try to do something about it, even if it's unlikely.'

Even if he treated him, he was likely to die, and even if he left him alone, he would die.

Then he must try everything, must he not?

He was a healer with a duty to help his patients.

Just the message came to mind.

[Quest has occurred!]

[Cure the Dying Child!]

(Medical Quest)

[Grade: One-Half Scalpel

Difficulty: Medium Quest

Description: A patient is in critical condition. Do your best to save the patient!

Condition of completion: Healing the patient

Reward: Bonus Level Up x2, 20 Skill Points

Benefit: Unexpected Luck]

'Unexpected Luck?'

The privilege caught his eye.

Then an unexpected voice interrupted.

"Brother, please wait a moment. I would like to have a word with just you and me."

And it was Rao.

He had just come to the clinic because he had something he wanted to discuss with him about the Bay Area.

"I think you should be very careful with this treatment."

"Rao?"

"If something goes wrong while treating that child, bad rumors may spread."

Rao sunk his glasses-wearing eyes heavily.

"Recently, according to government sources, Baron Canton has been seething at you. If there's the slightest complication, you'd better tread carefully, because that fellow won't sit still."

Raymond understood Rao's words and looked grave.

'It's not an unfounded worry. And there's something wrong with the way he stopped by the Maple Treatment Center, of all places.'