Raymond fell asleep with swollen dreams.

***

What a surprise, they sent a carriage from the royal castle.

"We will take you to the king's castle. Please come up."

"Thank you very much. Ahem."

Raymond shrugged his shoulders and climbed into the carriage.

'I can't believe I'm being treated like this by a royal servant. I've always been treated like dirt.'

It was not only the princes who tormented him when he lived in the royal castle.

His attendants, maids, and servants all held him in contempt as well.

They could not physically abuse him, but they blatantly ignored him and bullied him inconspicuously.

'When I forget, they let me skip food, give me dirty clothes on purpose, or let me sleep in a cold room. These things were normal.'

It was, and he was no better than a dirty filth, and he never thought he would be treated this way.

He couldn't resist his heart from filling up his chest.

'I am Raymond! I exterminated the Dark Blade Guild! And revealed the injustice of the nobility! I'm the Bay Area's hero healer!'

His mood was lifted and he yelled in his mind.

He was free to shout whatever he wanted in his mind.

Just in time, he heard this shout.

"Have a nice day, prince!

"Long live the prince!"

"Handsome!"

"Wooo!"

They were fiery cheers.

People shouted enthusiastically as if they had come to greet some triumphant general.

'I'm off. I'm going to get lots of money, just as you cheered. Hehe.'

It was then.

Raymond's eyes were met by a sight that raised his eyebrows.

It was a skinny girl.

She had narrow eyes and a tadpole-like belly, and a diagnosis popped into Raymond's head.

'... Malnutrition.'

It didn't even need to be called a diagnosis.

She was starving, and that's what happened to her.

Not surprisingly, there were more than a few children like that in the slums.

The kid waved a hand with only bones left as if she had come to see Raymond off.

He couldn't hear what she was saying from a distance, but the shape of her mouth seemed to be mostly in support of Raymond. With roughly split lips.

"..."

Raymond's heart sank.

'What do I care? This is the slums. That's a given.'

Even with a few recent pleasant surprises, the Bay Area was still poor. It would be the same over time.

The poor here would continue to live a poor and painful life.

'... It is not my concern as a single healer.'

Their poverty was something that a great man like the king or prime minister should care about and solve.

He was doing enough for the slums just by working as a healer.