'If you give me a chance to see a patient, I'll prove my talent!'

Raymond gritted his teeth.

'I have to do something about it.'

At this rate, he wouldn't have a chance to see his patients in a year, let alone half a month.

Instead of sitting by the tree waiting for the persimmons to fall, he had to go and capture them.

"Hanson, aren't you tired?"

"Ah, senior."

Hanson.

He was roughly nineteen years old and had not yet shed his boyishness.

He was one of the better apprentices working at the first aid station.

He was an apprentice of ambiguous ability, neither good nor bad, with a grade C talent.

"What can I do for you?"

Hanson looked at Raymond suspiciously and warily.

He was a good boy, but he reacted like that.

Because Raymond was the kind of filthy filth that no one wanted to mess with.

Was it because his biological father's status was too noble?

Paradoxically, Raymond's lowly status as a bastard was further highlighted.

He was a filth who defiled the preciousness of his perfect biological father.

Combine that with his pathetic talent that was no better than F grade, and he became an existence that no one in the treatment center wanted to deal with.

"It's going to be tough. Are you sure?"

"That's..."

Hanson slurred his words.

He was the youngest in this place, and he was doing all the chores.

"I'd like to help you out if you don't mind if I clean the first aid station?"

"Really?"

Hanson asked back, startled.

Cleaning the aid station!

It was the job that tormented him the most.

"Yeah, you're having a hard time. I'm not doing anything, so I'm sorry. Will it be okay?"

"I appreciate it, but..."

When Hanson's guard was down, Raymond quietly told him his main point.

"Other than that, you've been going through a lot, but when you're having a hard time, can I take care of the patient's mess instead?"

"Pardon? That's..."

Hanson looked troubled.

As an apprentice, he played a role in cleaning up after formal healers finished treatment.

When the official healers were using their heals, they would bandage, apply herbs, and so on.

"If you don't want to do it, I can't help it. You seemed to be having a hard time, so I'm just saying."

Raymond hid his inner thoughts and said, pretending to be concerned about Hanson.

The first principle of negotiation, of course, was to show signs that you were not to be spared.

Then it was Hanson who was fretful.

'What should I do? If the healers find out that senior Raymond cleaned up after me, they'll be very angry.'