Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob

Start from the beginning

"What?" Malia asked a little disappointed.

"It has to do with our healing." I explained.

"It's not going to work, trust me I've tried." Scott added.

"Maybe you should tell him that." Malia stated as she turned and nodded at Liam who held a large bottle of alcohol in a brown paper bag and then took a long drink... and then another and another. Liam's friend, Mason I think his name was, said something to him and he seemed to remain silent before looking over at us. Malia was still dancing, paying no attention, but Scott and I saw him. He stood up and I could faintly hear him through the music saying something about getting another drink.

"I'll go talk to Liam." I said to Scott and then left him trying to explain things to Malia.

I only made it another few steps before feeling light headed again and stumbled a bit to the side.

"Whoa, easy, sweetheart." A male voice said through a laugh when I unintentionally bumped into him.

I looked back over to Scott and I could just make out him holding onto Malia's arms apparently trying to keep her steady. When I glanced back over to Liam I saw he too was stumbling around.

"Scotty... something's wrong." I said back over to him, but I don't think it was as loud as I had thought.

"Wow, you really are drunk." It was the same guy who I'd ran in to. "My name's Kyle, not Scott."

"No, Scott's over there." I pointed over to where Scotty was standing, but he was now gone. Or maybe I was looking in the wrong direction. I spun around to try and find him, but it only made my head spin more and I stumbled back again. The Kyle guy caught my arm before I fell backwards.

"Alright, let's get you to a bench." He said to me. "Guys, I'll be back." He must have said it to his friends that he was standing with before beginning to escort me to a table and chairs.

"No, I need to find..."

"Scott McCall, yeah I know. I'll ask around for him, but you need to sit down."

"I never said his last name..." I mumbled.

"I'm in the lacrosse team, I know you're friends with him. Here sit down." He helped me to a seat and when I looked up I saw we were now well out of the crowds of people. "It'll be quieter over here. Do you want me to get you some water?"

"No... Scott..." The bond was fuzzy, I couldn't focus on where he was and something told me it was the exact same for him.

"Alright, I'll ring him." He said before grabbing out his phone and ringing Scott. I would have questioned how he had his number, but if he was in the team than it wasn't that surprising. "He's not answering." Kyle said just as a ringing noise was heard. "I think that's your phone." He said.

"It's in my jacket." I mumbled as I rested my head on the table.

I felt a tug on my jacket and then heard Kyle answer my phone. "Anna's phone."

"I didn't tell you my name..." I whispered and then heard him chuckle at me.

"Yeah she's fine, just a little... wasted." There was a short pause before he continued. "Yeah at the party." He paused again. "Yeah, I'll stay with until you get here." He said before hanging up. "That was a friend of yours, he's coming to pick you up."

"Scotty...?" I questioned a little confused.

"No, caller ID said Jordan Parrish."

"Why would he ring?" I asked myself more than Kyle.