SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW

No one warned me that wedding planning would be absolute hell

No one warned me that wedding planning would be absolute hell. Maybe it's my soon to be mother-in-law who wants an extravagant wedding when Jackson and I want something more lowkey. Or maybe it's the fact that my only two  bridesmaids can't stand to be in the same room together.

Meredith and Cristina have been at odds for weeks and I thought this would be over by now. I thought that they would've made up and be friends again before my wedding, that is coming up very quickly. Then there was this whole business with a 3D printer that Meredith had been trying to use and Cristina took it over so many times. I honestly lost track of what happened because I stopped listening to them complain about each other. Something about an H.L.H.S. patient that was supposed to have a conduit instead of an artificial graft because Cristina couldn't make it work. 

Jackson and I have been running around like chicken's with our heads cut off trying to get everything in order for the wedding. The right flowers, the right caterer, the right suit and dress. I have been so busy, I picked out my dress online and had it shipped to the hospital. This is all so much, and kind of the opposite of what I wanted for a wedding, but Catherine insisted. And she's paying for it, so I can't really complain about it. 

In the midst of this, we still have a baby to take care of. Honestly, she's what I look forward to every day. I love being a mom. I'm not sure if I ever want to have more kids because this is a lot, but I wouldn't trade this for the world. 

Meredith found me as I was walking through the halls. "What are you and Jackson doing for Thanksgiving?" 

I haven't even began to think about Thanksgiving. I've been so busy wedding planning. "I don't know, we haven't discussed it yet." 

"Perfect. You're coming to my house. You and Jackson and Ally and maybe Catherine and Richard." She said and began to walk away. 

"You can't cook." I yelled to her. 

"I'm not." She shrugged and kept walking. I don't even want to know. 

In other news, Alex has been complaining to me about Cristina. She brought in a certain patient, a baby, with a heart problem. Usually, she takes the older patients but this was a different circumstance. Alex isn't used to working with her. 

"I miss you. Come home." Alex spoke to me. I looked at him like he was nuts. 

"Hello to you, too." I said cautiously. 

"Hi. I hate working with Cristina on peds cases. Please come home. I can't work with her anymore." He went on. Here we go. 

"What happened?" 

"The conduit she needed from that stupid printer got messed up and now we can't do the surgery today and I don't know if this kid can hang on another day. I don't know if he can hang on another hour. All I know, is when I work with you, the problems go away quicker and I feel like we've been at this for days. I'm tired of it." He whisper yelled.