RUN, BABY, RUN

Callie wants me to operate on Derek with her so she cornered me first thing this morning

Callie wants me to operate on Derek with her so she cornered me first thing this morning. As soon as I stepped foot in the hospital, really. What we're doing is taking a nerve from Derek's sister's leg, Lizzie, and putting it in Derek's wrist. It's a whole thing and Callie wants as many skilled eyes and hands on it as she can.

Bailey came over to us. It's her wedding tomorrow. She doesn't want to make a big deal out of it. Callie starting singing the wedding song and Bailey went to walk away. Callie stopped so she came back over.

"I wanted to talk to you guys. When you and Arizona, and you, Flor, get to the wedding tomorrow, don't sit down." Bailey said. What?

"What do you mean, don't sit down?" I asked her.

"Just find a place and stand there." Bailey replied. I still don't copy.

"You want us to stand in the back? Then we won't be able to hear anything." Callie asked.

"Stand in the damn front." Bailey stated. Oh, I see. She wants us to be her bridesmaids. She just won't outright say it.

"And block everybody's view? I mean, if we're-" Callie went on, still not catching on.

"Just pick a spot! It's not complicated. You know, people allow you to open them up with a knife. If they knew you couldn't follow a simple instruction, they would run like the wind from this place." Bailey huffed.

I looked at her. "Are you trying to say, 'would you do me the honor of being my bridesmaids?'"

Bailey huffed. "Does the whole thing have to be about you? Just put on a dress and don't sit down!"

"Aww, we're bridesmaids!" Callie squealed and wrapped her arms around Bailey.

"This is what I was trying to avoid." Bailey muttered as she tried to break free.

I looked at the time. "I have a meeting with my boyfriend, my mentor and his sister so I have to go, but I will find you later about details." I said to Bailey and walked off.

Callie wants me in both operating rooms. The one with Lizzie helping out Jackson and the one with Derek helping out Callie. Since she can't be in both places at once, she wants someone she can trust to go back and forth. That'd be me.

Jackson and I sat down across from Lizzie. Derek paced about the room and Meredith sat down next to Lizzie. I like Lizzie. I like Amelia more.

"Now once Dr. Hana and I remove the sural nerve from your leg, Dr. Torres and Dr. Hana will graft it on to Dr. Shepherd's median nerve. You'll likely experience some discomfort in your leg for a few weeks-" Jackson spoke but Derek stopped him.

"Months. And when he says 'discomfort', it's gonna hurt like hell." Derek replied. He's on the fence about this.

"Well, you're a bag of sunshine, aren't you?" Lizzie sarcastically asked.