DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

Derek was squirming on the floor

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Derek was squirming on the floor. I wanted nothing but to run to him and help. We all did. But the man with the gun is still right there. I didn't know what to do. I always know what to do.

The gun was then pointed at April. She held her hands up. She was speaking loud enough so we could hear her. She was crying hysterically.

"My name is April Kepner. I'm 28 years old. I...I was born on April 23rd in O-Ohio. I'm from Columbus, Ohio. Um..My mom- my mom is a teacher, and m-my dad is a farmer- corn- c-corn- he grows corn. Their names are Karen and Joe. I have three sisters. Libby's the oldest. I'm-I'm next, and then there's K-Kimmie, then Alice. I-I-I haven't done anything yet. I haven't.. I've barely lived. I-I'm not finished yet. No one's loved me yet. Please. Please. I'm someone's child! I'm a person. I'm a person." She sobbed.

"Run!" The man told her.

I don't know what she just did, but she saved her own life. I admire her for that. She took off.

Finally, the man with the gun went in a different direction. The three of us rushed back to the closet we were hiding in in case he came looking for us. Cristina called 911, although I think the cops are already here. I'm not sure why they aren't doing anything.

Meredith was hysterical.

"H-He could still be alive! I need to go-"

"Meredith, no-" I tried and held her shoulders. She was trying to push against me.

"P-Please!" She begged me. Oh, this is torture.

"You will get killed and I am not about to let that happen. You want to go, you have to go through Cristina and I." I told her.

And well, she did. She shoved Cristina and I aside and ran out of the door. Cristina and I didn't waste a second in running after her.

We found Meredith on top of Derek with her hand covering his wound. He was laying in a pool of his blood. Cristina told Meredith she called the police. I couldn't form a sentence. I was just staring at the dying man in front of me. We can't let him die. I won't be able to live with myself if I do.

"W-We need to do surgery." I let shakily. Cristina just looked at me and nodded. "G-Go get a wheelchair or something for Derek so we can get him to an O.R. I'll try to get him up."

Cristina nodded and ran off. I got down to Meredith's level and looked at Derek.

"You need surgery, okay? Cristina and I are going to get Teddy and perform surgery. Do you trust us?" I asked shakily. I don't even know how I'm functioning. I don't know how I'm going to do this.

"Y-Yes." He choked out.

"We're not going to let you die, Derek. I promise." I told him.

He was struggling to stay awake.