LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH

The only semi-decent part about the plane crash is the fact we will be compensated for it

The only semi-decent part about the plane crash is the fact we will be compensated for it. I would have preferred it never even happened, but life has a funny way of biting me in the ass.

The rest of the plane crash victims and I sat in the conference room with Owen and Callie, who is here on behalf of Mark, talking with the lawyers. We're talking about what we will get in return because someone's ass is getting sued. Someone was negligent.

"Derek Shepherd- multiple hand fractures with a median nerve injury. Arizona Robbins- open femur fracture with resultant above-knee amputation. Lexie Grey- deceased. Mark Sloan- deceased. This doesn't include extreme..." The woman started but I stopped listening. I was just thinking about how this shouldn't have even happened in the first place. Two of my best friends are dead, I almost lost my baby, and all of us have raging PTSD and a new fear of flying.

Derek cut them off. "How is the investigation going?"

"Have they found what caused the crash?" I asked.

"The investigation could take years. That's why we want to help you put this tragedy behind you." The lawyer who is here on behalf of the plane company said. Well, sir, you can't undead my friends.

"I think you mean your clients would like to put it behind them." Our lawyer interjected.

"So I am authorized at this time to propose a onetime settlement. Bayview Aeronautics takes your loss seriously." He said and passed Derek a paper with an amount on it. He slid it around the room. "Now the settlement agreement must be unanimous and it released Bayview Aeronautics from any and all other claims, known or unknown, but...most important, it will allow you to put this painful time behind you and move on with your lives"

So he wants to pay us off and be done with it. Got it.

To be fair, they want to give us quite a bit of money. But, I just don't think it's worth it. Not after what we went through.

The meeting concluded and he told us we had three days to decide. I went home to talk to Jackson about it. Technically, I'm not supposed to but...how can I not? He won't go babbling and I need him to rant to.

"They want to pay us off...and end it. Stop the investigation and let us move on." I let out and stared at the ceiling.

"Are you going to take it?" He asked. Can you really put a price on trauma?

"I don't know. It can put our baby through college...and then some, but I just don't think it's worth it." I replied.

"It seems too quick to resolve with just a price tag." Jackson pointed out.

I nodded. "I know. I don't like it."

Imagine my surprise when I walk into the attendings lounge and see April Kepner standing there.