THIS IS WHY WE FIGHT

Jackson still does not understand what the hell we're doing

Jackson still does not understand what the hell we're doing. To be honest, I don't know if I know. What I do know is that today is the day we sit before a bunch of executives with money coming out of their asses and convince them that our cause is worth fighting for.

I flipped through the packet we were going to give them. This is really what is going to convince them to give us $175 million dollars. I'm terrified.

Other people are catching on that something is up. Alex caught on. He's pissed. He thinks we did it to screw everyone over but I told him I'm not that cynical. Only slightly. But when we left, a lot of others left, too. Nurses, lab techs. It's not looking good at Seattle Grace. All the more reason today needs to be perfect.

"Everyone is asking me questions, Flor." Jackson spoke as he stood in the mirror and finished getting ready.

"Just avoid the questions." I replied.

"My mom is coming in today to see Richard. She's going to ask questions. You know her." He said back.

"Well, after today we can stop being dodgy." I said and went up to kiss him on the lips.

He smiled into it. "Those doe eyes of yours better convince them."

"I think they will." I chuckled.

"Good luck today, love." He said and kissed me one last time.

"You, too. Tell your mom I said hi." I smiled. He nodded and I went for the door.

Today is the day that could change everything. I hope we can do it right.

Jackson was at the hospital for not even an hour saying his mom was trying to convince him to reroute us to Boston. She can get us both excellent jobs at Mass Gen. Her words, not mine.

Derek, Callie, Arizona, Meredith, Cristina, Stan and I sat in a lounge waiting for our turn to talk to the guy. I'm not sure who it is. Stan set it up. We were going over what we were going to say and how we were going to say it.

"Okay, so this time I'll do peds and trauma stuff first." Arizona said.

"And then I will go into the neuro." Derek added.

"Okay, can someone else do the closing? I was awful the last time we practiced." Callie let out.

"No, you were fine." Arizona assured her.

"We really want to end on my flop sweats?" Callie asked.

Arizona sighed and looked at me. "You do the closing?"

I just nodded.

A secretary came over to us. "I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes. Can I get you any water or coffee?"

All of us said no except Cristina. "Coffee. And a bagel or something." All of us just glared at her. She shrugged. "I'm starving. This meeting was supposed to start half an hour ago." She huffed.