TRANSPLANT WASTELAND

I have no idea how this is going to work

I have no idea how this is going to work. I do know everyone else has thoughts about Jackson having the biggest say and that's going to put me in a tough spot.

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us running this hospital?" Arizona asked.

"That can't be true....can it?" Cristina asked.

"Well, he's a voting member of this management team and he also represents the Harper Avery Foundation." Derek spoke.

"Yeah, and their $175 million bucks." Callie muttered.

"Compared to our $15 million a piece." Arizona let out.

"Not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours." Derek spoke.

"That is ridiculous. He's a fellow." Cristina muttered.

"So are you." I spoke up. The first time I spoke up in this conversation. I know this is going to be hell. Funny how no one in the room has even glanced my way until I said something.

"He's a plastics fellow...and I'm me." Cristina replied. I rolled my eyes. The moment we ever had anything bad to say about Owen, she was down our throats.

"Let's not overreact. I mean, it's Jackson. He's not some corporate stranger. He's one of us." Meredith stuck up for him.

"Yeah, you're right. He's a smart kid. He's gonna follow our lead." Derek added.

Callie shook her head. "No, no. We made this plan. We pulled it together. Look, I'm grateful for Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm not gonna let some..." Callie trailed off and let Cristina finish that thought.

"Plastics fellow?"

"Plastics fellow tell me how to run my service because his mommy said he could." Callie went on and then looked at me. "Respectfully."

There was nothing respectful about that statement. And there was nothing respectful in how she inserted herself into our trauma.

"Do you have anything to say, Flor?" Mer asked me.

I scoffed and shook my head. "If I started speaking, I'd hurt a lot of feelings, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut."

They looked like they were going to question it but Jackson walked in before they could. "I'm sorry, guys. I was running on time and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier." He said and set donuts down on the table. I feel awful for him because I know he's trying so hard and they're disregarding him.

"Uh, we were discussing the reopening of the E.R. and the trauma department." Meredith said to get us on track. Remind me to thank her.

"Oh, yes. Um, I'm not ready for that just yet." Jackson replied.

"If you need more time with the material, we can go ahead-" Derek started but Jackson cut him off.

"No, no, I've read it, it's just that the foundation feels the E.R. is not a forgone conclusion. They need a site visit for a chance to look over the numbers. Could be a month before a decision." Jackson replied.