PERFECT STORM

Derek and I moved Meredith into her own hospital room and paged Cristina

Derek and I moved Meredith into her own hospital room and paged Cristina. She wants us all here for this. Sometimes I can't help but feel we are all in a relationship with each other.

Meredith's contractions were hitting her like a brick. Derek is rubbing her back while I hold her hands and talk her through it. Cristina finally walked in.

"Figures you would go into labor in the middle of a super storm. Okay, we need to go over your birth plan. We never talked details." Cristina said and I nodded.

"Hang on!" Meredith exclaimed, as she worked through her contraction. The storm is causing the lights to flicker on and off.

"I can't bully people unless I know what to bully them about." I told her.

"Maybe you should get back into bed." Derek suggested.

"Do you want to get back into bed?" Both Cristina and I asked her.

"No!" Meredith replied.

"She said no." Cristina and I replied.

With that Meredith screamed through her contraction.

"What do you need? A pillow, a bouncy ball-" Derek asked her, a bit frantically.

"Ice chips." She replied, cutting him off.

"She says ice chips." Cristina and I replied. I like this team work.

Derek's eyes narrow. "Are you going to do this the entire time?"

We both nodded with a smile.

Derek huffed. "I'm gonna go check on Connie and see where she is."

"She's with other laboring moms right now. She's busy." Meredith strained.

"You're the only one I care about. The rest can wait." Derek said and walked off. I gestured for Cristina to get where Derek was and I stayed in front, holding her hands.

Some time passed and we got Meredith into bed. Connie, Mer's OB came finally. Derek is back.

"Well, I didn't think I would see you back so soon." Connie let out.

"Her contractions are every three minutes." Derek spoke.

"And she doesn't want drugs." I added.

"I have Dr. Knox available in case she changes her mind." Derek said, almost like he was challenging me. I see why Mer wanted us here.

"She doesn't want drugs!" Cristina exclaimed.

"Okay, can everybody please just shut up? I want to push. I feel like I need to push. Can I push?" Meredith exclaimed.

Connie put her hand under the blanket. "I just need to check first." When her face fell, we all went into high alert.

"What's going on?" I asked Connie.