SLEEPING MONSTER

Working here is the biggest rollercoaster of my life

Working here is the biggest rollercoaster of my life. One minute, it's smooth sailing. We made a peaceful transition into the new name. We had amazing cases...then crash. Bailey's patients started dying from post-op infections. This has become a nightmare.

Jackson called in the CDC. They're testing all of the O.R.'s, the entire hospital and all of the doctors. We need to find out what is causing all of this to happen.

I will say, Jackson is being a little rash about this. He's looking at it more from a PR standpoint. I just feel awful for Bailey.

All of the board members are having a quick meeting about this. It's going how almost all of the meetings go. Everyone disagreeing with Jackson. This time, I happen to agree with everyone else. But it's in a supportive way.

"We are throwing Bailey under the bus." Derek let out.

"Come on. That is not what we are doing." Jackson defended.

"Yeah, it seems like that's exactly what we are doing." Callie added.

"Two of our patients are dead of the same post-op infection. A third one is barely hanging on. It was time. We get the CDC in here and we figure this thing out." Jackson told us.

"By treating Bailey like a criminal? She hasn't done anything." Meredith said.

"I hope that you're right. The truth is, we don't know that yet. CDC is asking us to temporarily freeze Bailey's files." Jackson said.

Listen, I love him, but this is our job. Bailey was my mentor. I huffed. "Oh, come on."

"And that we not discuss this investigation with her, so today just keep your distance." Jackson continued.

"That is ridiculous." Cristina added.

"Also, I think now's the time to put out a statement." Jackson said.

All of us shook our heads. "No!"

"Woah, woah, about what? I mean, we don't even know if Bailey's the source of this thing." Arizona said.

"If one of ours is at fault and we just sit on this information, we look like we're trying to cover something up. The only way to let the public know that we can be objective is by being transparent." Jackson said.

"Vote?" Callie suggested.

His eyes narrowed at her. "I'm just saying, people should learn the news from us."

"There's no news." I replied.

"Okay, vote?" Callie asked again.

"There's no news yet." Jackson finished.

"Vote. All in favor of no press release." Callie said and raised her hand. The rest of us, other than Jackson, raised our hands. "Okay, no press release. No statement. Clear?"