FREE FALLING

Jackson and I have been

Jackson and I have been...struggling to have sex at home. We have another roommate, a baby, who cries all the time. I physically cannot be horny when there is a baby crying next door.

Currently, we're trying. It was going well until Zola started screaming.

"Jackson, I can't-"

"Ignore it."

"I cannot ignore a crying baby from a broken home in the next room over." I muttered, rolled off of him and laid down next to him.

We were silent for a moment until he broke it. "Yeah, you can." He paused and rolled on top of me. "Just look at me."

I looked at him in his ice blue eyes.

"It's just you and me." He whispered before he started kissing me. Slowly he pushed into me and my back arched into him.

Somehow it worked. The best part about being a surgeon in a relationship with another surgeon is being able to finish quick when needed to.

Maybe that's not a good thing.

I feel like it's time we look for our own place. But I also don't want to ruin things. I love him, he loves me, but living with someone changes things. I mean, I basically live with him now but we have other roommates...including a baby.

I do love having Zola around. It's nice relief after a long day. She's such a sweet girl.

In other news, today starts our fifth and last year of surgical residency. Everything rides on this year. I've thought more about my talk with Owen and Chief. I'm still considering my options. While being double-board certified sounds badass, I am nervous about doing it officially. It's a lot of work, which I can handle, but if I fail, I'm a double failure.

Cristina has been also living with us. Owen hasn't been too supportive of the fact she wants an abortion. Derek hasn't been staying with us because he's still pissed at Meredith.

Everyone gathered in the cafeteria for breakfast. It's a tradition for everyone to meet in the cafeteria for breakfast at the start of a new surgical year. It's also the only time all attendings, residents, and interns are in the same room.

April was speaking but no one could hear her.

Cristina, Meredith and I were all getting our food. Meredith was going to attempt to talk to Derek today but he won't stop giving her the cold shoulder.

"Did he talk to you?" I asked her.

"No, he won't even look at me." She muttered.

"Well, you tampered with his clinical trial. He thinks that's kind of unforgivable." Cristina replied.

"It was for Adele and the Chief-" Meredith started but I cut her off.

"You know, I know you. You regret that you messed up his trial but not what you did, I know. You don't have to defend yourself to us. Cristina's unforgivable herself, remember?" I rambled.