27

Finals Week

Finals Week.

The most dreaded week of any college students' life.

I have been running on pure caffeine and a couple hours of sleep to get me through the days.

To make matters worse, I am also extra stressed because of the constant nagging from Liam to get the band together and practicing before opening for Paramore next week.

Which also happens to be the day we release our first single.

The album is very far from ready but Liam wants at least one released song for people to listen to if they search us up.  

We'll be releasing Stockholm Syndrome as it is one of the songs that shows off the individual talents of all the members of Platinum. It's also a really fucking good song.

I was so mad when I first heard the song. It seems the only way Harry knows how to communicate is through song. But once we figured everything out and I got a chance to really listen to the song, I became obsessed. And I have no doubts that the public will become obsessed with it too.

I look down at my watch and quickly gather my things together so I can rush to my exam room. It's my last exam of the semester and the one I've been most nervous to take: Biology.

It's not that I'm bad at science, it's the fact that this is my whole major, so if I do bad in this, what's the point of continuing? Although, the more time that I spend with the band, the more I question my career path in general.

I shake the doubtful thoughts out of my head as I hand my student ID over to the test proctor before taking my seat at a computer and starting my test with trembling hands.

For an hour, I sit at the desk with a tapping foot, staring at the computer screen and jotting down my answers as I chew my lip raw. When I finish answering the last question, I look at the time and notice that I still have an hour and a half left. This only increases my anxiety as I wonder if I rushed through the exam too quickly. I skim the test three different times but don't have the courage to change any of my answers, so I take a deep breath and press submit.

Oddly enough, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I won't get my results until next week, but I feel relieved knowing that everything is out of my hands now.

Looking at the time, I decide to call an Uber to take me to Columbia Records. I let Liam and the band know that I'm heading over so we can all meet. I know that I was the last to have an exam, so the boys should be fairly available.

As the car stops at the open gates of Columbia Records, I get out and make my way up to the designated floor with Liam's office. I walk inside and see Liam already sitting at his desk.

"Hey, how'd the exam go?," he smiles at me.

"Um, alright, I guess. I won't know for sure until next week."