21

It's Monday afternoon

I have just finished my classes and am waiting for Harry to pick me up.

It was an odd day. I had a few people come up to me and say that they had either seen a video of me on social media, or had even been to Elliot's this past Saturday to watch Platinum perform. They had all complemented the band and I, and I felt my heart swell with pride at each interaction.

I hear the whir of Harry's motorcycle engine and smile as he takes his helmet off to fluff his hair out.

"Hey Rey," Harry smiles at me.

I slowly walk towards Harry. Lately it feels as if we are walking on eggshells near each other.

"Hey," I smile back, "Listen, I have a stats exam coming up, do you think..."

"Yeah, of course," Harry says, already knowing that I am asking for help, "Afterwards we can try seeing if we could knock a song out together. The rest of the boys texted saying they were busy, I'm not sure if you had seen."

"Yeah I saw that. We for sure need to write something, Jeremy wants new songs from us ASAP. Are we going to my place?"

"Do you mind if we actually go to mine? Livvy wasn't feeling herself this morning so I just want to make sure she's alright."

"Aww, what happened?," genuine concern laces my voice.

"I'm not sure. She threw up this morning. And not just like a hairball, like it was actually vomit... I'm sorry, you probably didn't want that many details."

"Harry, I'm an animal science major. I'm not gonna get grossed out by you explaining that your cat vomited," I laugh.

"Whatever," Harry rolls his eyes with a smile playing at his lips, "So are you okay with coming to my apartment?"

"Yeah, for sure," I step over, grabbing a helmet and settling in the space behind Harry, "Let's go."

Harry puts his own helmet back on before asking if I am ready, then taking off in the direction of his apartment.

Once we walk into Harry's apartment, I set my things down and instantly make my way to the small cat that is lounging on the couch. I crouch down to her level and stroke her tiny head.

"You're not feeling well, sweet baby?," I coo.

Harry sits beside Livvy and she automatically goes to lay in his lap, "Hey Livvy girl. I missed you too."

Harry's voice is soft as he talks to Livvy while stroking her back. I could hear the small purrs vibrating through her body and I smile at how content she looks.

"You wanna get started?," Harry gets my attention.

I nod and get up to grab my stuff. Harry meets me at his small table and I lay my textbook, notebook, and laptop out to start working.